PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and Disney World

mitchsfan
12-11-2008, 07:47 PM
So my wife and I are expecting our second child in August. We were thinking about one last trip for just the 3 of us. My son will be 4 and he has been to DW twice before.

If we go in April, she will be 6 months pregnant. So what is Disney like when you are 6months pregnant?

April shouldn't be that bad weather wise, right.

amorillo
12-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I went to WDW pregnant. For the most part... minus the real "thrill" rides... it was a normal trip! While my Husband and two older children rode those rides... I did some extra shopping... And hey, if you're going to be eating extra, there is no better place to do it! :)

You just have to remember to take a few extra breaks to lounge around and put your feet up!

disneymom07
12-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I went when I was 6 months pregnant, and I had a great time. Like the previous poster said, you avoid the thrill rides, but there is still so much to do. Just pace yourselves, and April is a wonderful time to go, not to hot, but not cold.

MickeyMousse
12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Pace yourselves and more importantly remind your wife to keep up on her fluids!!! Especially water. I made that mistake while pregnant and at WDW in 6/01 and became dehydrated and ultimately ended up having to go to the hospital!!

teambricker04
12-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I have been to WDW with both my pregnancies. When I was pregnant with DS#1, I was nearly 6mo in August. I was feeling great, had no complications, and everything was fine. I listened to my body and took lots of breaks and drank a lot of water (yes, and went to the bathroom just as often!). I didn't ride the obvious rides. All was great.

When I was only about 4mo along with DS#2 we went during the holiday season. Everything was great with that as well, but I did get stuck in a large crowd. It was very stressful as no one paid any attention to others around them and because we were all squished together no one could see a baby bump (I probably just looked fat at that point anyway.). I would recommend trying to leave the park before any massive rush and try to be in places that you won't get stuck in a crowd. Nothing happened to me, but I could see it happening easily.

Most of all have fun! One of the best places to go on vacation while pregnant is WDW!!!

iheartdisney
12-12-2008, 05:27 PM
As many people have already said, pace yourself! Take lots of breaks. Take time to put your feet up. Since you're traveling with a 4 year old you probably won't be doing too many thrill rides.

I think it's a wonderful idea to do one last trip when it's just the three of you! Enjoy!

ravsluvdisney
12-15-2008, 04:18 PM
My DW was 6 mo. pregnant with DS#1 when we went in '99. She paced herself, drank lotsa water and took a mid-afternoon snooze every day. We took in all we wanted to, walked most of Epcot; DW even snuck in KS and a few other 'baby rattling' rides....and now DS1 is a 7-time WDW veteran!