PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex Restaurant - Too Scary for 3 year old?

jennsky
12-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone who's been there could let me know if this restaurant would be too much for a 3 year old. My daughter doesn't scare easily, but I don't want to unknowingly scare the wits out of her. Also, does anyone have pictures from inside the restaurant? I couldn't find any online...

dfamasb
12-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I can tell you that I've been to the one in the Kansas City area many times and my children have been there a handful of times and my 4 year olds are still scared of it every time! They are not cute and cuddly dinosaurs! There is loud roaring and a meteor shower/storm every 30 minutes or so.

Natazu
12-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Also, does anyone have pictures from inside the restaurant? I couldn't find any online...

As it happens, I'm right now sitting on my balcony at SSR looking right at T-Rex. I'll run over there tomorrow after golf and take some pics. My first inclination is that the restaurant might be a little scary for one that young. It can be loud and intimidating.

jennsky
12-12-2008, 06:43 PM
As it happens, I'm right now sitting on my balcony at SSR looking right at T-Rex. I'll run over there tomorrow after golf and take some pics.

Wow! That's some service! Thanks so much! Ya, I'm starting to think it might freak her out a bit, but I'd still love to see some pictures. Maybe we'll stick with Rainforest Cafe...or McDonalds....she seems to love that place ;-)

Natazu
12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow! That's some service! Thanks so much! Ya, I'm starting to think it might freak her out a bit, but I'd still love to see some pictures. Maybe we'll stick with Rainforest Cafe...or McDonalds....she seems to love that place ;-)
I, uh, kind of forgot a little. :blush: oops. Tomorrow then.

Maleficent's Dad
12-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Jym,
Sent you a PM...
(Apologies to the OP - off topic!)

dfamasb
12-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Check out youtube. Type in T-rex restaurant and several videos come up.

Natazu
12-15-2008, 09:11 AM
We have some pics for you. Send me an email and I'll reply with them.

The main dining room can get pretty scary for the little ones when the dinosaurs do their "show". However, there is a section called the ocean room where it's much more calm and less scary, same for the "Ice Age Room". You can ask to be seated in one of those sections. The hostess said people with young children do that all the time.

BrerGnat
12-15-2008, 04:26 PM
My kids are 4.5 and almost 3 (boys) and we STILL haven't even eaten at Rainforest Cafe because the thunderstorm scares BOTH of them. We live near Disneyland and there is one at Downtown Disney, and we have been inside the giftshop a few times, and when the thunderstorm starts, they are OUTTA there. Still haven't braved a meal there, although I think my boys would love the atmosphere if they would turn off the stupid thunderstorm...

I would say "no" to the T-Rex cafe for a 3 year old girl, unless she is TOTALLY into Dinosaurs and is begging to go there. I'm sure the food is not anything to write home about.