PDA

View Full Version : Yak &Yeti

tink179
12-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Was the Yak & Yeti on the dining plan for 2008? It's not listed on the plan for 2009, and we have a ressie there. If it's not then I need to quickly change my ressie to something else.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-11-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't believe it will be on the plan, because if I'm not mistaken it is owned by Landry's just like Rainforest Cafe who are also not on the plan...if you need a TS restaurant at AK on the dining plan, I believe Tusker House is your only option....

cer
12-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Yak & Yeti was on the plan for 2008. They probably have not signed on yet for '09. Even though they are Landry's owned, does not mean they won't be on.

I had this same situation last year waiting for Teppan Edo to sign on and I finally dumped my reservation and then, guess what? they ended up being on....it is frustrating, but cover yourself as best you can, maybe plan a lunch or something at another time, just in case - but I am holding out that it will be on the plan.

TheRustyScupper
12-11-2008, 12:23 PM
1) Non-Disney owned eateries normally get listed in December.
2) The have to negotiate with WDW.
3) Since Y&Y is in the park, I think it will remain on DDP.
4) Landry eateries outside the park are not on DDP.

cer
12-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Have you called Disney Dining lately? How long do they recommend you wait to find out? I probably should call, too.

cer
12-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I just got off the phone with Disney and the girl told me that Yak & Yeti was on! If anyone hears differently, please let me know....

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Oops sorry, looks like I had bad info and passed it on:(

tink179
12-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks for checking into that!!!:thumbsup: I was trying to think of where else I would go if that didn't work out. Now, it's not a worry anymore. :mickey:

I just got off the phone with Disney and the girl told me that Yak & Yeti was on! If anyone hears differently, please let me know....

IamBelle
12-15-2008, 05:19 PM
oh! i'm so happy it's on! we went in August and loved it!

cer
12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Well, evidently I was given misinformation.

This morning when I called to make the final pmt for our vacation, I figured the info I was given earlier was too good to be true so I asked the question if Yak & Yeti had signed on for 2009 Dining Plan, and she said "No".

I called Disney Dining to verify and they said "No", too. They suggested I call back at the beginning of next month to see if they were on.

I am so sorry and disappointed and embarassed that I passed on incorrect information, but when the Disney folks on the other end of the line tell you something, you tend to believe them, but even they can be wrong.

So sorry, again.

CaptSmee
12-17-2008, 12:23 PM
I would check again...while they are not owned by Disney, when we were at T-Rex cafe after they opened they asked us if we were on the DDP. T-Rex is owned by Landry's as well. I inquired because I thought it was strange and they informed me that while Disney did not own the cafe, they were managing it and sure enough when you looked closely you could see people in white Disney shirts with headphones on around the restaurant.

DisneyGlutton
12-22-2008, 12:15 AM
I just went to Y & Y for the first time last week and was pleasantly surprised, so I sure hope its on the DDP for next year again!