PDA

View Full Version : Crowds down after Christmas???

MarkC
12-10-2008, 03:11 PM
A website that tracks crowd control at WDW just dropped their expected crowed levels for Dec. 28-31 from a 10 to a 9. I wonder if the management is thinking the economy will affect attendance? I did check Disney's website and surprisingly there were a few rooms available at French Quarter, and others at the Poly although the rates are ridiculous. Those are the days we will be there so I'm hoping the crowds will be a little more tolerable, although I do feel great sympathy for most people affected by the economy (executives who run their companies into the ground and get bonuses excluded). Mark

CaptSmee
12-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I read on other boards that they are expecting a major drop in attendance in January, that's why they cut back park hours.

Flower
12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
They must be expecting a major drop to promote the buy 4 get 3 free, and include a $200 gift certificate at check-in

kristnjohn
12-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Buy 4 and get 3 free??? If I could ask, what is that? I'm sure it's something I could find by doing a little leg work myself, but I've become so reliant on Intercot for information, I've gotten lazy! We just returned this week from WDW, and are planning another for Oct/09 - wondering if this promo could help us? Thanks!

wendy*darling
12-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Buy 4 and get 3 free??? If I could ask, what is that? I'm sure it's something I could find by doing a little leg work myself, but I've become so reliant on Intercot for information, I've gotten lazy! We just returned this week from WDW, and are planning another for Oct/09 - wondering if this promo could help us? Thanks!

The 4 + 3 special (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=145361) announced in November is for most dates from January through June. Nothing further out has been announced yet. It's a pretty good deal- take a look and you may reconsider the timing of your next trip!

I do think they are expecting a drop in attendance. I have never seen such a promotion that goes into the summer months like this.

stitchaholic
12-14-2008, 07:20 PM
i just purchased a buy 4 get 3 free package,too good a deal to pass up,it counts for the room and the parc passes and you get a 200.00 gift card to boot,we are headed down jan 26th,anyone else going?:mickey:

Recusit8m
12-14-2008, 08:15 PM
We are also going in January (4-11) and did partake in the 4/3 deal...Hope crowds will be down...Uggg...lol

stitchaholic
12-16-2008, 05:57 PM
i think that the marathon hits close to those dates,that's when we went last year,and sure enough the marathon came to town and made things busier,good luck

CaptSmee
12-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Wow...usually the closer you get to our travel dates the price of our airline tickets go up...for 4 weeks from now they are rock bottom, the cheapest I have ever seen them! The airlines must even be having a hard time filling seats...not a good sign...

MarkC
12-17-2008, 12:49 PM
I've seen some of those low fares as well, even from some smaller markets that usually don't have good fares.

My original post actually was referring to the week between Christmas and New Years. Normally those are the busiest days of the year along with Easter week. As the other site actually lowered their guidance, I'm guessing the economy has forced some cancellations. While Disney resorts may be full, there are still a lot of other resorts running specials or having plenty of rooms available. I'm just hoping our 4 days there (Dec 28-31) are a little more tolerable. I'm guessing those of you going in January will be able to walk on almost everything.

SamG
12-17-2008, 06:23 PM
You've given me some hope Mark. We'll be there 12/29-1/3. I've resigned myself to 90 minute attraction waits with three kids (10, 5, 2):ack:. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

houseofmouse103
12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
i just purchased a buy 4 get 3 free package,too good a deal to pass up,it counts for the room and the parc passes and you get a 200.00 gift card to boot,we are headed down jan 26th,anyone else going?:mickey:

Yep, my wife & I will be down Jan. 18-25, I just couldn't turn down such a great deal. So we disembark the Magic on 12/27, drive 660 miles home and turn right around 3 weeks later and drive back!

CaptSmee
12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
You've given me some hope Mark. We'll be there 12/29-1/3. I've resigned myself to 90 minute attraction waits with three kids (10, 5, 2):ack:. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Well, I wouldn't get your hopes up for that week...expect massive crowds...long lines...

jaredkari
12-18-2008, 08:54 AM
I would have to agree with CaptSmee, I don't really know if there is truly a down time at WDW?? I may be wrong but it seems to always be consistently crowded. But I still love the place!! :mickey:

SamG
12-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Well, I wouldn't get your hopes up for that week...expect massive crowds...long lines...
Oh, I'm not (getting my hopes up). Expect the worst and you'll be surprised with the best. :party:

MarkC
12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I know there will be long lines and horrible crowds. My hope is that since those days were changed from a 10 to a 9 crowd prediction, it went from downright horrible to only awful. But I will still be at Disney-- and a long line at Disney is better than not being there. Plus, there's the holiday lights, fireworks, food.........on and on