PDA

View Full Version : Snack Credits ?

DisneyBabies
12-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I have read the thread regarding everyone's favorite snacks to use snack credits for, but I was wondering what you use your snack credits for to get the most for your snack credit dollars. Some posters have said they use snack credits as a meal. How and where can you do this and what can you get?

TinkerbellT421
12-10-2008, 11:24 AM
I have read the thread regarding everyone's favorite snacks to use snack credits for, but I was wondering what you use your snack credits for to get the most for your snack credit dollars. Some posters have said they use snack credits as a meal. How and where can you do this and what can you get?

I have never heard of using a snack credit as a meal. You can only use a snack credit on snacks under $4.00. I have been told that you can use a snack credit for muffins at the bakery on the boardwalk, ice cream mickeys, dole whips (basic kind), and such items like cotton candy, and when we stayed at POP we were told we were able to buy one item under $4.00 and use the snack credit, but that varies, some places would not allow that if it was not a "food" snack item. But it is impossible to use your snack credit as a "meal".

DisneyBabies
12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Sorry about any confusion. I didn't mean that anyone traded a couple of snack credits for an actual meal, but that they got a few snacks and it was enough food to make a meal. I wanted to know what are the more unuasual snack that most people don't think about. I mean, I know you can use snack credits for most ice creams and beverages, but what else is there?

Hammer
12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
But it is impossible to use your snack credit as a "meal".

Well, it depends on the person and the meal. A bakery item would definitely be enough to be my breakfast for me, so I am using it for a meal in that case.

TinkerbellT421
12-10-2008, 11:38 AM
:mickey:
Sorry about any confusion. I didn't mean that anyone traded a couple of snack credits for an actual meal, but that they got a few snacks and it was enough food to make a meal. I wanted to know what are the more unuasual snack that most people don't think about. I mean, I know you can use snack credits for most ice creams and beverages, but what else is there?

Ok, just wanted to make sure you didn't mean MEAL MEAL lol thats what I put it in quotes. I actually looked into using the snack credit for the big Turkey Leg but I guess it cant be used for that because its over $4.00 :( Oh well, lol, anyway, I personally don't know exactly what to use it for except maybe the snack carts, last year me and DBF bought these really really good Crepes in Epcot World Showcase that were soooooo yummy and very filling, it had some strawberries or some kid of fruit with this chocolate drizzle on a crepe dough OMG so gooooodddd lol. But other than that I dont know if there is much else you can use them for outside of the usual. I am sure someone will be along shortly to clarify what they might have used them for in the past. :mickey:

Well, it depends on the person and the meal. A bakery item would definitely be enough to be my breakfast for me, so I am using it for a meal in that case.

Yea exactly what I meant to say lol, We'll be staying on the Boardwalk this year so I am probably going to buy a muffin or two for a snack credit in the morning if Im hungry enough.

Figment!
12-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I think the meal terminology comes from those redeeming a credit for items like a muffin or pastry for their breakfast or redeeming a credit for a side salad or baked potato as their lunch.

I mean, I know you can use snack credits for most ice creams and beverages, but what else is there?The Snack Lists in the Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180) list the majority of redeemable snack items.

tink179
12-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Yes, you can use snack credits for a meal for breakfast as long as you're not wanting a huge meal. :mickey: My family did this last January at Animal Kingdom. We got a fruit bowl, cinnamon rolls, danishes, and all of our juices and water on the snack plan. It was perfect for breakfast! We plan on doing that again this January.

TinkerbellT421
12-10-2008, 12:21 PM
At one snack credit per item, correct? :confused: So if you bought 7 items, you cant use just one credit for the whole breakfast, you had to use all 7 snack credits for all 7 items, correct?

disneyfan328
12-10-2008, 01:53 PM
I think that 2 of the best uses of snack credits were the fruit smoothies at Auntie Gravity's in MK Tomorrowland and for the Figaro Fries at Pinnochios Village house in Fantasyland. The fries had so much stuff on them they were enough of a meal for me in the heat :)

also not sure if it has been officially decided yet or not, but if you can still use your snack credits at Goofy's Candy Company those are great too. Love the pretzel sticks and Oreos Yummmmmmy

Mrs Bus Driver
12-10-2008, 02:04 PM
I get what your trying to figure out, you need to understand that you need to be creative. Some breakfast rolls, muffins, pastries are large and can be split. Fruit bowls can easily be split or you can eat a whole one and be full, if you are not a large breakfast eater. In Oct we stayed at CB, I got up late one morning and went to pick up breakfast to bring back to the room for DD and me. Well they were serving lunch, I picked up a rather largish sandwich and chips w/drink and a large cookie for dessert (1 qs) and a side salad (1 snack). The ladies at the counter service were very nice and cut the sandwich in half. As for the drink, we always had a half gallon of milk in the fridge it was one of the few things I paid extra for. DD and I shared this and were stuffed. Unless you have tried the DD plan it is hard to explain just how much food you get, but believe me it is plenty. We only bought a few extra snacks that week and I will be using it on our next trip. :mickey:

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-10-2008, 05:26 PM
they got a few snacks and it was enough food to make a meal.

When we were there in October, the Diamond Horseshoe in the MK had been turned into a temporary counter service restaurant. We fed our family of 4 with 2 CS credits and 2 snack credits:

2 adult combo meals, substituting extra fruit for the dessert (gave the extra fruit to the kiddos)

2 uncrustables (using snack credits!) for the kids

It was fabulous! :mickey:

KSS
12-11-2008, 08:51 AM
There is a place in MK kind of near the haunted mansion where you can get a baked potato with a snack credit... that makes a nice small meal!

tink179
12-11-2008, 10:05 AM
We used one snack credit for each of us. We used 5 snack credits that morning. The cinnamon rolls were huge and so were the danishes. We got one cinnamon roll for our boys to share. The one danish was for my daughter and I to share. (she was only 2) and my husband got the fruit bowl. Then we got 2 drinks. 5 snack credits. It was plenty for breakfast. It would only be a few hours before we had lunch. When you're on the dining plan even for CS you get a dessert with the meal. It's a lot of food, so we found ourselves not buying that many snacks in between meals, because we were so full! Plus, we always bring some of our own snacks from home in our bags as well.:mickey: I hope that helps!:thumbsup:

At one snack credit per item, correct? :confused: So if you bought 7 items, you cant use just one credit for the whole breakfast, you had to use all 7 snack credits for all 7 items, correct?

DisneyFr33k
12-11-2008, 10:53 AM
We used all our snack options at the Food and Wine Festival. We would arrive when the food booths opened and ate our way around the World Showcase. Yum!

alex61821
12-12-2008, 04:55 PM
i see chili listed from caseys corner, sounds mealish to me.

Belster
12-14-2008, 12:35 AM
I think back around the food and wine time people were saying that they used their snack credits to eat a few different items and made a meal of it.

We used our snack credits for breakfast a lot, Main Stree Bakery cinnamon rolls, late night snack tie dye cheesecake yummy! Dole Whips at Aloha Isle, cream cheese pretzel.