PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Stone

Davyjones
12-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Hey gang,

Just wondering if you or anyone you know have used the Rosetta Stone series of foreign language discs on computer. How well was the language picked up? Were you happy with it? Or am I better off saving the money for other things?

Thanks for any opinions! :thumbsup: :mickey:

kdbianchini
12-10-2008, 08:18 AM
My husband and I have been using the Italian version and have been very happy with it. I believe that we have learned more than if we were to take a class to learn the language. I think that it's a good buy.

DAKustodial
12-10-2008, 09:05 AM
I think it's a great way to learn a language. My wife and I went to Ireland a couple of years ago and we wanted to learn Irish (Gaelic) because we were going to spend a lot of time on the west coast of the country, which still has a lot of towns where English is not the first langauge. We learned a lot in just a couple of weeks and were able to get by with non-English speakers pretty easily.

ILoveLegos
12-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I have the Japanese Version 2 (Levels 1 & 2) & Version 3 (Levels 1, 2 & 3) of Rosetta Stone. I will complete everything in about 2 weeks time if all goes well. Japanese is a difficult language, but I feel that I have a strong grasp on it though. I can converse intermediately better than basically, and I understand more than I say. Sometimes it is amazing how my brain makes connects to the language - it is like they say on t.v. you learn the language like you did your first one. I can read a little Japanese and to reach full fluency I have to keep up with some grammer and independent studies - but Rosetta Stone has got me on the path to language proficiency, quickly (it's been two moths with Version 3).

Mickey91
12-10-2008, 10:47 AM
I homeschool my Dks and though we haven't settled on a foreign language yet, the Rosetta Stone has come highly recommended by just about everyone I have inquired with.

Tink2002
12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
This is so great to hear - I was actually thinking of asking dbf for this for christmas in the spanish versions... I took four years of high school spanish, but let's just say that the last two weren't very productive and I've forgotten a lot since then. I was hoping to brush up and get back into it with this - anyone else ever used it to "get back" a language?