PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan & Tipping

WDWRox
12-09-2008, 06:23 PM
In late January when we go on our next trip, there will be 6 of us. We'll all be on the Magic Your Way plus Dining package. From what I've read, for parties of 6 or more at table-service meals the gratuity is automatically included. Is this correct? This would mean that we don't need to leave an additional gratuity (unless we so desire), right?

jonsmom
12-09-2008, 06:25 PM
You are correct!:number1:

faline
12-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Well, the gratuity is not covered under the dining plan so you would be paying the amount noted for the tip. Do keep a watch on the receipts that are delivered to you. On our last trip, we were a party of two and did not participate in the dining plan. On a number of occasions (but not always) the tip was added to our bill. If we weren't careful, it would be very easy to miss and tip again a second time!

princessesmom
12-09-2008, 07:40 PM
For parties of 6 or more the tip is automatically included at 18%. However, it is not covered by the DDP, so you will have to pay for it separately.

Belster
12-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Yes, this did cause a bit of confusion on my last trip. My mother in law kept signing the bill and leaving cash even after I told her that if she chose to sign off on the amount it was charged to her room. So, on multiple ocassions the servers got 2 tips from her... I am sure that this happens often.

WDWRox
12-10-2008, 06:33 AM
For parties of 6 or more the tip is automatically included at 18%. However, it is not covered by the DDP, so you will have to pay for it separately.

Ok, I'm still puzzled because that doesn't make sense to me. If the tip is automatically thrown in when the bill is made up, and we are a party of 6 under the DDP.......then we shouldn't have to leave anything ourselves, right?

Hammer
12-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Ok, I'm still puzzled because that doesn't make sense to me. If the tip is automatically thrown in when the bill is made up, and we are a party of 6 under the DDP.......then we shouldn't have to leave anything ourselves, right?

No, you should expect to pay 18%. You should get a bill for the tip amount. Hopefully, someone will be along who has had a large party on the DDP will come along and answer the question.

TheDuckRocks
12-10-2008, 07:57 AM
To the OP, you are dealing with 2 seperate issues here:

1) The tip is no longer included on any Disney Dining Plan for 2008 or 2009 or matter what is your party size.
2) Any time you are a party of 6 or more an automatic 18% tip is billed to you. Which you can pay either as a room charge, credit card or cash.

So at the end of the meal you will presented with:

1) A bill showing the total of food and tax.
2) An adjusted bill showing zero for all food and tax on items covered on the plan and what the remaining balance still owed is (food or beverage not on the plan and the automatic 18% tip for the party of 6 or more).
3) You will then be expected to pay for that balance.

Hope this clears this up for you. Bottom line is you will have to pay for the 18% tip.