PDA

View Full Version : Unused Pass Question

jszczur5
12-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I know that somebody here should know the answer to this question:
A group of 8 of us went to Disney during Free Dining this year. I had prepaid for everything, including hotel, 10 day park passes, and the upgrade on the passes which included Park Hopper, and Waterparks. One of our group of 8 was unable to come. Are his park passes (which are on his Key to the Kingdom card) still valid? Clearly, since he was never there, the passes were never activated, so did not expire 14 days after the first use - or did they?
It would be interesting to know if they are still good. Could they be used by someone else? This person is not going to have the opportunity to use them, as he was denied entry to the U.S. at the border, and that situation is not likely to change in the near future.
I am interested to hear your answers, my learned friends.

TinkerbellT421
12-09-2008, 06:49 PM
if his card was never used at all. I think, and i mean THINK that it has not expired. Hence 14 days AFTER FIRST use. SO I would assume if it was never activated that it would still be good. But dont quote me on that. Im not really sure. I have not heard of a situation like that before.

Goofy4TheWorld
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
That old room key contains valid park tickets forever, until either the card is used for park entry for the first time (which starts the 14 day countdown) or The Walt Disney Company enters into Bankruptcy protection, whichever comes first. Of course it will have the other persons name on the card, but that doesn't matter as long as it has never been used. If he gives the tickets away, I see no problem at all. If he tries to sell his ticket, that would probably be against the rules, at least IMHO.

CleveRocks
12-09-2008, 08:46 PM
As you've already read, the ticket is still perfectly good because it has never been used ... it is correct that the 14-day expiry clock will not start ticking until the ticket is put through a turnstile at any theme park or water park for the first time.

An unused ticket is not supposed to be sold, but it can be given to someone else.

Iluvpooh
12-09-2008, 11:52 PM
We had the same thing happen last year. My nephew was unable to go on a family trip last year and my brother was able to use his pass this year with no problems.

Imagineer1981
12-15-2008, 03:58 PM
yep you are all good. In fact you can also go to guest services and have the name on the card changed or just get a new ticket