PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo or Marrakesh for CP Dinner?

jakeybake
12-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi,

Am going down the week of 12/14 for a work conference. Staying at the Yacht Club and have planned on attending the Candlelight Processional the evening of 12/15. I want to guarantee my seating for the event since I have never been lucky enough to see it in the past so I want to book a CP dinner package.

I only have 2 dining options as of this morning. Teppon Edo and Marrakesh. I have never dined at either one so I would love to know what you guys think about both places.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jay

Ian
12-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Not knowing your personal food preferences, it's really hard to say. Have you checked the menus for each place? That might help you decide.

FWIW, I've eaten at Teppan Edo and we love it, but I also know people who've dined at Marrakesh and said it's outstanding.

SBETigg
12-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I like both. If you don't have a hibachi-style Japanese steakhouse type of place in easy distance of where you live, I would recommend Teppan Edo. It's a fun time with good food and interaction. If your party is small, you will be seated with others. I believe tables are for eight.

Marrakesh is also fun with good food. It's a little different and there's entertainment (a band and belly dancing). If you live in a city near some very authentic Middle Eastern cuisine, you may not be as impressed with Marrakesh, but it's usually a good choice for something a little beyond the norm but not too out there.

pluto 77
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree that it really depends on your personal tastes. Both are very good, but my vote has to go to Marrakesh. At least where I live there are no other restaurants with belly dancing or morracan food.

ThanxForNoticin
12-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Both are very good. Our recommendation would be Teppan Edo. Enjoy your evening.

Mickey'sGirl
12-09-2008, 12:48 PM
I really enjoy Teppan Edo (as do my children), but I would say go to Marrakesh. I see you are from Boston, so I am sure that you are exposed to some good Japanese restaurants. Marrakesh is a very tasty, and the belly dancer is lovely. We really love Marrakesh. :thumbsup:

Pigtunia
12-09-2008, 02:54 PM
I like both. If you don't have a hibachi-style Japanese steakhouse type of place in easy distance of where you live, I would recommend Teppan Edo. It's a fun time with good food and interaction. If your party is small, you will be seated with others. I believe tables are for eight.

Marrakesh is also fun with good food. It's a little different and there's entertainment (a band and belly dancing). If you live in a city near some very authentic Middle Eastern cuisine, you may not be as impressed with Marrakesh, but it's usually a good choice for something a little beyond the norm but not too out there.

Bang on!

I would also add, that if you've ever seen belly dancers perform, you might be a little disappointed with the show at Marrakesh. (But DO see her in her show with "Morockin'" out from of the pavillion -- it's a better and longer performance.)

Natazu
12-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Teppan Edo (Table Service) ☺☺☺☻
Teppanyaki grills don’t really do it for me as a method of dining. I don’t need singing shrimp, onion volcanoes, or Japanese egg rolls to make my meal complete. The food is rarely exceptional and the food is usually overpriced. Teppan Edo is no different. The do have great sushi, but, if you have a great Japanese steakhouse at home, eat there and save the Disney meal slot for something you can’t get on a random Tuesday next door to the local pet store.

Restaurant Marrakesh (Table Service) ☺☺☺☺
Lots of people are afraid of this restaurant because they think the food will be too exotic. I think that’s silly. Don’t worry; they don’t have monkey brains or calf intestine. It’s all choice cuts from lamb, chicken, beef, shrimp, and fish. They just prepare them with different herbs and spices and they use pasta or grains where we would use breading. So many items on the menu are my favorites, I have a hard time not over-ordering. I absolutely can’t skip the Harira Soup (like Italian lentil soup), Brewat Rolls (seasoned beef baked inside a pastry), and Seafood Bastilla (grouper, shrimp, & veggies baked in a light pastry). Then a little couscous or Roast Lamb, followed by some baklava, all in the company of two-man Moroccan Combo group and belly dancer. Sometimes the drink service can be a little slow and the dessert selections are limited at best. Nonetheless, Marrakesh is a Do-Not-Miss!

diz_girl
12-10-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not an adventurous eater, but I loved our meal at Marrakesh last week. I had the Chicken Cous Cous and it was flavorful, while not being spicy. I'm glad that I dined there.

Teppanyaki places are everywhere in my neck of the woods, so Teppan Edo is not a must-do at WDW for me.

badkitty
12-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I have done both for CP and have enjoyed both experiences. Tepan Edo though took a lot longer to get through the meal and I was concerned about getting to the CP line. (People start lining up over an hour and and a half early even with the priority seating. Even though everyone is guaranteed a seat, if you want to seat down front, you need to line up early.)

Dawneeeey
12-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I would choose Marrakesh. In fact, I may go there on our next trip! I love the food and watching it being cooked at a Japanese Steak house, but we have 3 (yes, 3) within a 5-10 mile radius of where we live. We can go there anytime!!! Try something different!!

:mickey:

Jared
12-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I usually agree with Jym, but I actually do not like Restaurant Marrakesh. My family loves Mediterranean food, so we were very exciting to try this restaurant, but we left disappointed. The food was decent but not spectacular, and the service that night was atrocious. Perhaps we owe it to the restaurant to give it a second chance, but there are so many wonderful options at Disney to waste time at a place we don't love.

Teppan Edo is a pretty basic hibachi steakhouse, but the food is solid, if not spectacular. Like Jym said, be sure to try the sushi. The sampler, with three pieces of nigiri and two pieces of maki, is probably the best item on the menu.

:tasty:

SpecJoe Magic
01-03-2009, 03:40 AM
My wife and I ate at Restaurant Marrakesh last May for lunch. We both thought the combination appetizer for two was great, but neither of us liked our entrees much (roast lamb served with orange couscous). Our favorite part of the meal was the chicken bastilla that was part of the combination appetizer for two. If we ever eat there again, we'll both probably order entrees that include chicken bastilla. Overall, we thought the meal was mediocre, and we aren't in a hurry to return.

We've never eaten at Teppan Edo, but my sister and brother-in-law ate there and enjoyed it.