PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 29-31 advice please...

MarkC
12-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Normally I like to plan trips a few months in advance, but we are following Nebraska to the Gator Bowl so we had little warning on this one. Since we already have our annual passes it gives us a great opportunity to see Disneyworld at Christmastime for the first time ever. So I need some advice. I know it's going to be horribly crowded and we're staying at a Marriott off-site. We'll use fastpasses, etc for the rides, but what I mainly want to know about are........ where are the best fireworks each night? what about Christmas lighting, etc.? Anything else anyone can help me with? After 15 trips I feel like a veteran but for this trip I feel like a rookie. Thanks for all your help. Mark

CaptainSad
12-08-2008, 02:44 PM
You have Holiday Wishes and Cinderella's Castle lights at MK. Illuminations/Let There Be Peace on Earth at EPCOT. You have the Osbourne Lights at DHS. All the decorations will be up thoughout the parks.

spoonfulosugar
12-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I would just get to each park very EARLY...and take your patience because it is nuts right after Christmas. Since you go a lot, you probably won't feel too stressed or pressured to see/do everything, so you'll have that going for you ;)

Goes4FastPass
12-08-2008, 03:30 PM
The castle at the MK looks amazing covered in LCD 'frost'. Osborn lights at DHS and Illuminations as previously described.

Also, Candlelight Processional at EPCOT which, I think, has the most spectacular tree at WDW with lighted arches leading up to it flashing synched to the music being played.

If attractions are you goal you're going to need to go to the parks early - like when they open.

MarkC
12-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all the good advice so far. I do have one specific question I forgot to ask about in my original post-- where is the best place for New Years' Eve fireworks? Do they all get shot off at midnight or are they staggered? Thanks again............ Mark

WDWmemories
12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
I would just get to each park very EARLY...and take your patience because it is nuts right after Christmas.

I definitely agree!

> Get there early, and take a break mid-day if needed.

> Be mentally prepared for HUGE crowds and LONG lines everywhere.

> The Cinderella Castle Dream Lights at the Magic Kingdom looks amazing at night. The 'lighting' ceremony or show is short (5 minutes?) and not a 'must see' in my opinion, so my suggestion is don't plan your time around that little show. But do plan to see the Castle sometime at night.

> The Osborne Family Christmas lights at Disney Hollywood Studios are fun. About every 10-15 minutes they 'dance', so it is worth hanging out for 30-60 minutes.

Enjoy!

CU Tiger
12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
We will also be there at this time this year, but it was not due to the game (even though I would like to go). Fortunately, we have been to DW enough that we are going to avoid the madhouse in the MK and go to the other parks instead. If we do go into the MK, we will go early and leave early.
We will be watching the fireworks from the beach at FW. Do a search on youtube for New Years fireworks at MK. It is incredible. The fireworks are not just behind the castle as usual. They are 360 degrees around the park. My good friend was inside for this and said it was fantastic. I just do not have the patience to deal with the crowds. If you do, go for it! I hope you enjoy it.:mickey:

Go Clemson!:number1: