PDA

View Full Version : Hayden's Place

LibertyTreeGal
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I know we cannot change the name of this part, because people would not be able to find the info they needed unless they were "in the know" but I just wanted to say that to me, this will always be "Hayden's Place." He is the biggest reason we have this section of the Intercot board.

I hope this doesn't get moved somewhere else. I just wanted a tribute to our little guy here. My heart is broken.

Ian
12-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I love that idea ... maybe change the board name to something like "Hayden's Place - For Our Guests with Special Needs"

WDWFanatic
12-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Excellent idea!

Hammer
12-08-2008, 05:15 PM
While it is a lovely sentiment, I really wouldn't want to single out one person's special needs child. I by no means want to diminish Hayden's Dad's contribution to this forum. A lot of what we post in here does not even involve children, but adults with special needs as well.

However, this will be discussed with John. Stay tuned!

Mickey91
12-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I think it is a wonderful idea! Just because Hayden's a little boy doesn't mean it has to be just for children. A very fitting tribute to a young man who has touched all of our hearts. Who better to be Intercot's ambassador for special needs?

RedSoxFan
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
I think it's a wonderful idea also.

alaMode
12-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Hayden has touched our hearts and Hayden's Dad has provided so much support and information.

I think the name "Hayden's Place" makes this place even more special.

Tess

TinkerbellT421
12-09-2008, 08:50 AM
IMHO, I think it is a wonderful idea! I dont see how it would offend or be any harm to naming it after Hayden. Your not naming in general like it is only about him. They name buildings, schools and streets after people. I do not personally see anything wrong with naming a part of this discussion board as tribute under his name so that he will always be remembered and thought of. I think its a great idea! :mickey::thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I also think it's a great idea. But maybe we should make sure Kyle and Eva are comfortable with that. I don't see why they wouldn't want it named after their son, but it should be their decision, just in case.

John
12-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi Everyone...

I'll chime in with an official word here.

At this time, we don't plan on changing the name of the forum. I definately appreciate the sentiment and the feelings we all as INTERCOTees have for Hayden, but think the forum name as it is best suits those finding what they need here on the site.

I encourage all of you to donate to a charity of your choice in Hayden's name as a way of remembering him.

JOHN

princessgirls
12-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Hayden and his family have been on my mind since I heard of the news.

I am going to donate to Make A Wish foundation in Hayden's name. His story has touched my heart, and I am Thankful for organizations that are able to make the last days on earth the best they can be.

Julie:mickey: