PDA

View Full Version : SSR questions for September

jensantuit
12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
We are planning our first trip as DVC owners at Saratoga Springs in September we will bringing friends of ours whose children are the same ages as ours. I had a couple questions about the resort. What section do you recommend staying in? Is it really a "quick" walk to Downtown Disney? Have you used the Disney bus system or do you rent a car? Where do you stop to get groceries on your way into The World?
Thank you for your help - Jennifer

TinkerbellT421
12-07-2008, 04:40 PM
DBF and I crashed the hot tub there one night before we bought into DVC and bought pts there at SSR. From being there, in the pool and hot tub. We walked there through this secret pathway thing it took us ten minutes to walk there from DTD. I do not remember what section we arrived at so i cant really help you there but I am sure you can look at the resort map here on Intercot or through the DVC website and can get a better idea. Groceries can be delivered to the resort through Garden Grocer. If there is items on the website that you want but dont see they will pick them up for you (alocohol, beer, etc.) and just be sure to put it in the special comments section. Or there is a couple of grocery stores close to SSR and DTD that is about a ten to fifteen minute walk as well. You can rent a car at the airport and drop it off at the Dolphin there on Disney property or even rent the car for an hour at the Dolphin resort and bring it back. That would probably be the cheapest way if you are just looking for transportation to make it to a grocery store. Or me and DBF planned on walking to the nearest grocery store and then call a cab for the way back which only would have been about 30.00 I think. Cannot really remember off the top of my head. There is a number of things you can choose from. Depends on what your looking to accomplish and how you want to do it. Hope some of these suggestions helped. Sorry i couldnt help more on the room/bldg. situation. But I am sure if someone is not along shortly to answer that you can figure something out right here on the resort maps section of intercot or right on the DVC site. :mickey:

pluto 77
12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Ok, I will try to answer your questions one at a time the best I can. We have only stayed at SSR once but hopefully I can be of some help.

1. We enjoyed our stay in the Grandstand area. We were the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off on the Disney busses. In addition we were just a short walk to the main building. If being close to DTD is important than you would probably prefer the Congress Park section because I think it is just a short walk from there. But there is a boat shuttle to DTD from the main building which is what we used.

2. We have never rented a car and have used the busses many times. they were not a big problem for the parks, but going to other resorts for ADR's did take a long time cause we then had to switch busses. You would have to do this wherever you stay so if you are going to other resorts frequently it may be worth getting a car.

3. We didnt really cook so i cant really help you about the groceries. We did stop at a Walgreens to buy 2 cases of water and some snacks.

Hope I was able to be of some help. Have a great stay! :mickey:

thumperbug
12-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Ditto on staying in Grandstand section. 5 min walk to main building/food/shop/big pool. The pool outside the Grandstand rooms has a bar, and kiddie water area. The bus stop was feet away. As poster stated, first pick up and drop off.

DTD is a short walk away...also a short bus ride away.

You can purchase basic groceries at the resort or for more selection use Garden Grocer.

dolphinmickey9170
12-22-2008, 05:50 AM
Hi Jennifer,

We like to stay in Congress Park with a Downtown Disney view. It is a short walk to DtD, just follow the path along the river.

We usually use the buses, but we also drive our own car at times as well.

As for groceries, there is a Walmart within 3 miles of SSR. It's on Vineland, if you do a search you will find it. It's a super walmart, so you can get a lot of stuff.

Have a great stay!!:mickey:

MinnieMommie
12-22-2008, 06:53 AM
:congrats: on your purchase at SSR and
:welcome: Home!

SSR is our home resort as well and we are very happy there!! If you want a quick walk to DD then Congress is where you want to be. If you want a DD view you will have to request that (but will not be guaranteed).

Grandstand is a great location. It is the first stop on the bus route so the bus will not be filled when you get on (it has been know to be at times and that is one argument for renting a car). Grandstand is a quick walk to the main building (pool health club, food etc) and to the boat which takes you to DD (leaves on the half hour). Grandstand also has its own pool/hot tub, pool bar with eatery and refillable mug station.

Green Grocer delivers and they are very nice to deal with. Some others do as well. If you have a car the shopping problem is solved and you will be able to get where you want when you want with more ease and expedience.

:mickey:

laward32
12-25-2008, 12:29 PM
I have only stayed there once and we stayed in the Grandstand section and liked it alot. We were first on/first off for the buses and it was a short walk to the main building.:mickey:

tjstrike
12-27-2008, 04:21 AM
The Springs is closest to the main pool and restaurant but last for the bus :ack: Grandstand is secluded and 1st on the bus ;) Congress park is close to DTD, we had a room last time that looked right at the circus and clubs at night it was awesome.