PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's festive frolics part 7

dlpmikki
12-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Oops - I missed a day out and none of you told me! :blush: Here it is, followed by the next installment:

Sunday 30th November
Mikki has a tennis coaching session at 11.30 (the coach’s availability, not her choice) so it’s a quiet morning – a good reason for a leisurely breakfast at Olivia’s. Mikki sticks to her eggs and hash and Andrew indulges his sweet tooth with chocolate mango toast. Just don’t touch me until you’ve cleaned up. They both have the fruit smoothie: delicious and healthy.

After breakfast, it’s on to the Internet – and problem we hope will be solved. For some reason, we could not connect, although we could last week. Yesterday, someone at the helpline activated in from their end and were willing to do so again today but Mikki wanted to find out why it was happening so we didn’t have to do it again. Here’s another tip: get a long cable on your PC so you can bring it close to the telephone and don’t have to spend a lot of time walking back and forth. Anyway, the helpdesk was very patient but couldn’t work out what the problem was. The final suggestion was that it may be something to do with our firewall and we have now reduced our security levels a bit but it still doesn’t explain why it worked last week.

Mikki also signs up for tennis next Wednesday organised by “Hank” at OKW. There is a little confusion about the time. When the message comes, it is that the session is cancelled because of lack of people. You had until 5pm today to sign up and this message comes through before noon. Come on, guys, if you don’t want to do it, take it off the list.

Well, Miki has her lesson with her own coach and the threatened thunderstorms arrive as she finishes. She actually waits for a bus to go from Hospitality House to Peninsula Road! The rain has eased off – but starts up again as she walks from the bus stop to the room. She gets soaked.

When the rain eases off in the afternoon, we set off to stock up the room (milk and orange juice). My humans are also feeling a bit tired and worn. Andrew has some muscle pain in his neck and shoulders – which has nothing to do with carrying me around for the last week and a half. We check out some of the pharmacies and also go to Prime Outlets where Mikki had seen something to warm up and wrap round his shoulders.

In the evening we watch Tinker Bell’s movie on Disney Channel. It is an incredibly cute movie. The only think that worries my humans is the portrayal of the rest of the tinkers as rather oafish and Irish. It’s quite brave of Disney to latch onto this stereotype of the Irish Tinker. It may not endear the film to everyone in England. It may explain why Tinker Bell decided she wanted to be something else.

Back to normal service

Wednesday 3rd December
We are off to Epcot and get there for park opening. We collect fast-passes for “Soarin” and go once on standby. Then it’s to “Mission Space” with no wait and soon it’s time to use the fast-passes back on “Soarin”. By now, things are getting busy: even the line for pictures with the characters is too long for my humans.

In the evening, we go to the Studios to see the Osborn Family lights. These are now in a smaller area (they used to cover the backlot streets that were replaced by “Lights, Motors, Action”) so are even more intense. The music is also louder. It’s not the sort of thing my humans like.

We go to the Tune In Lounge where the humans have beers and soup. It seems they are serving anything from the Prime Time menu in the lounge. The soup (chicken noodle) was just what my humans wanted (and so was the beer).

They must be feeling good: it is our first day when we have been in a park as it opens and leaving a park as it closes.

Thursday 4th December
Mikki sets off early to get some trading pins that are being issued in the parks today. She takes the first bus – which is to the Magic Kingdom. She gets her pins and has a ride on BTMRR.

We have lunch at Olivia’s. Tasty as usual.

This evening, it’s Mickey’s Christmas Party – but we want to get there a little early to see the castle illuminated. We also arrive in time to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (with fast-passes collected this morning) and Pooh.

We are very impressed by both the lighting ceremony and the way the castle looks covered in “icicles”.

Once the party starts, we make to Toontown for pictures. We meet Donald at the entrance and Minnie Mouse in the gazebo behind her house. She looks quite warm and snug in a lovely Christmas outfit. She gives me a kiss.

Mickey Mouse is inside his house (not in the Judge’s Tent). You enter through the garage and reach him by his back door. He has a lovely green coat that looks great with the red sweaters my humans are wearing (my black and white looks good anywhere). Mickey’s line is a bit longer and slower.

Now we go to the shop because my Mikki wants to exchange her light up necklace (most of the lights don’t come on). While she stands in line for one of the registers (yes, the shops are also busy already), Andrew takes me to stand in the line for the Disney Fairies. Mikki rejoins us fairly soon. Again, it is about 30 minutes before we get to the “Shrinking Woods”). We meet Silvermist and Fawn as well as Tinker Bell. One of the photographers recognises me from our previous visit.

The party is not fully sold out: tickets were being promoted right up until it started. In the line for the fairies, it also becomes apparent that there must be some cast discount tonight because there are lots of cast members here. One is telling us she had visited the fairies room “officially” so she could know what was there and talk to guests about it but there were no fairies there at the time.

It’s now getting towards firework time and we find (well, Mikki finds) a seat with a view on Tomorowland Terrace. It’s great to see the fireworks sitting down but the Terrace lights remain on so maybe a little of the atmosphere is lost.

Andrew and I watch the parade while Mikki picks some pictures to get prints of. There is a special 40% discount but the price is still $30. For that, you get two large prints plus two sets of 2 6 x 4in prints with a folder including an official picture of the castle in its “icicles”. One good point is that the 6 x 4s don’t have to be of the same picture as either of the larger prints. So, not a bad deal – by Disney photo standards.

faline
12-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Figaro, you and your humans are certainly very busy! I know you are very light so certainly you would not hurt Andrew as he carried you about!

pdrlkr
12-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
12-08-2008, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the report.

mouseketeer mom
12-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Another busy couple of day! Thanks for the report!:mickey:

DizNee143
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
more nice days in disney!! sounds like you had a nice time at the party!! :mickey:

disneydrmr
12-08-2008, 03:15 PM
We bought that photo special the night we went to the Christmas party.. the shot of the castle all lit up was MORE than worth the cost! The folder we got with our package also had a really cute picture of Mickey and Minnie with a Christmas tree! Thanks for reporting Figaro!

Bethis26fan
01-24-2009, 07:02 PM
sounds like another great couple of days.