PDA

View Full Version : I'm planning a wedding.

Cinderelley
12-07-2008, 12:04 AM
So, my son called me and told me that he gets leave 12/19 to 12/27. He and his girlfriend plan on getting married 12/20. Those of you who have followed the drama probably know that I'm ready to :sick:. Oh well! What's a mother to do?

TinkerbellT421
12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I dont know the history between you and the soon to be daughter in law but it seems like your not to happy about this. Just wanted to say sorry! Hope everything works out for you. Who knows maybe things will change for the better? But again I dont know the drama you speak of so I was trying to throw a positive note to you. Atleast you know all your friends here at Intercot will be there for you through all of this.

PirateLover
12-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow. That's short notice. A lot of people rush into military marriages. Had they been engaged? I remember posts about your son and his girlfriend before. They are both 18 right? Well I wish them (and you) the best, hopefully it all works out in the end.

Disney Doll
12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I don't know the back story, but I think the best thing to do at this point is be supportive of your son's decision and be supportive later on if it ends up not working out. :secret: Sometimes those life lessons are hard and you don't want your son to have to choose between you and his fiance. I personally cannot imagine being married at 18 and I was a pretty mature teenager. However, there are people out there who have made it work. Hopefully your son will be one of the lucky ones. Having the support of family will give the newlyweds a better chance at survival.

WDWFanatic
12-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh no...best of luck with all of it! We'll send you some extra pixie dust.

Cinderelley
12-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Planned a bridal shower for her this weekend. She said she's not going. I keep hoping that she'll mature as she gets older (yes they're both only 18). More pixie dust please!

crazypoohbear
12-08-2008, 08:11 PM
OMG!
I was just thinking about you and I was going to PM you and ask how things were going.
I really wish I had some words to make you feel better but we know that they are going to do what they want without thinking things through! TEENS :confused:
She isn't planning on coming to her own shower? WHY?
What is happening with her parents?
I will send you tons and tons of pixie dust to get through these next few weeks.
I will also pray that you are able to "grin and bear it" for the sake of you future relationship with your son.
Where is the wedding going to be at home or in DC where he is finishing up training?
P.S. Just remember this quick prayer.
God, please give me the strength to keep my mouth shut and my mind open" ;)
PM me if you need to vent further.

princessgirls
12-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Pray for patience and strength.

None of us want our children to fail, but sometimes we just have to sit back and watch things unfold. With age comes wisdom (I think).

I hope things work out for your family.

Julie:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Unbelieveable! Not going to her own bridal shower!?! Something obviously isnt right there lol. Well sending luck wishes to help you get through this! :mickey:

Cinderelley
12-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the prayers, well wishes and pixie dust.
She said she wouldn't go to the bridal shower because she didn't receive an invitation. :confused:
Her parents are really excited about them getting married. Her father has mentioned that they are young, but that's about it.
The wedding will be here in Phoenix at our church. I just have to make it through two weeks, and then it will be over.
It's a good thing you guys are here to let me vent.

AZ Disney
12-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey There!
Thought of you on Saturday as we past Mary Coyles on the way to the APS light parade.

Anyway, I've hosted 3 bridal showers in my time and I've never given the bride an invitation. I discussed all the particulars with each (guests, date, location), and then I believe I gave each one for keepsake, but not to actually invite them. I'm not up on all the proper etiquette, but seems like she's lucky to be getting one at all with such short notice and in the middle of the holidays.

I don't know all the drama behind this, but OMGosh, she should be happy to have such a nice future MIL.

Good Luck!
Jami