PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express question

cindchan
12-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I haven't been able to find the answer to this, and wanted to ask here before calling the Disney line.

I got the "Buy 4 get 3 free" package. But I can't seem to get myself signed up for a seat on the Magical Express. I don't think it's because I don't have a flight yet. I've gotten a seat before and simply filled in the other info later.

I thought I read somewhere that if you get that particular package you can't reserve a seat on the bus, which seems rather silly to me. I'm sure I couldn't have read it correctly, but I can't find info anywhere.

Does anyone know if there's such a restriction for people who buy the "buy 4 get 3 free" package? Because I really like riding the Magical Express!

chrisb26
12-06-2008, 09:50 PM
I hadn't heard that so I'm not positive however don't you have to call the Magical Express people anyways so they can send you your stuff?

I know it doesn't matter if you have your flight booked or not because I know I got my stuff before I had a ticket alls I did was tell them the day I arrived and checked out.

CleveRocks
12-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know if there's such a restriction for people who buy the "buy 4 get 3 free" package? Because I really like riding the Magical Express!
I can tell you with 100% certainty that the ONLY requirement to qualify for Disney's Magical Express is that your name is on a reservation for a WDW owned-and-operated resort.

It makes no difference if you are paying rack rate vs. a promotion, package vs. room-only, 1 night vs. 12 nights, and so on.

I don't know where you read that people using the 4/3 deal can't use DME, but I'm happy to tell you it was just dead wrong.

Now, as to how to make a DME reservation ...

I've never done it online. I've always done it by phone. If you are more than 60 days from your trip, call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-W-DISNEY. If you are less than 60 days away, call DME directly at 866-599-0951 (you can't call DME directly more than 60 days out because they don't have access to your resort reservation information before that time).

mouseketeer mom
12-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Oh, you for sure qualify for Disney's Magical Express. Call Disney, they will add it to your package at no cost, even if you don't have your flight info. Then you call back with your flight info when you have it.

Dawneeeey
12-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I booked a trip with the 4/3 promo and I got DME but I did it through my travel agent at Magical Journeys. I believe that they were not able to register me until I had booked my flight.

I just got my tags the other day for my January trip!!

:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
12-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Let me assure you that anyone (individual, travel agent, etc.) can make a DME reservation before a flight is booked. Flight info is NOT required to initially make a DME reservation.

disneychick62
12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
You can even call the resort your staying at. Thats what my brother did when he went..:thumbsup:

FenwayGirl
12-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Or call the Magical Express line directly.

CleveRocks
12-09-2008, 08:40 PM
You can even call the resort your staying at. Thats what my brother did when he went..:thumbsup:Actually, that's an "illusion," for lack of a better word. Even though Disney publishes telephone numbers for each resort, NONE of those calls go through to the resort. Rather, they go to a call center. The person on the phone may answer using the name of the resort you think you called, but that person is in a call center and not physically at that resort. You can complete an entire transaction thinking you were talking to that resort's front desk, but you weren't.

As far as Disney's Magical Express goes, call the main 407-W-DISNEY number if your trip is more than 60 days away. If your trip is 60 or fewer days away, call DME directly at 866-599-0951. The DME cast members can't help you more than 60 days out, because their computers don't have access to your reservation information prior to that time.