PDA

View Full Version : What happens if MVMCP is either rained out, or partly rained out??

Dsnygirl
12-06-2008, 07:28 PM
I guess there's a possibility of thunderstorms the night of our MVMCP, so I wanted to ask in advance what Disney does if either the party is completely rained out, or if most of the "specials" are, like the fireworks, parades, castle shows, etc.

I know I've had friends had this happen to them for MNSSHP, and I think they got a free pass to come another day. But, we have AP's, so I was wondering if they allow you to come a different night that the party is on?? There will be two more parties after ours before we leave, both of which seem to have clear weather forecasted.

Thanks for any info -- I am crossing my fingers that we'll be just fine, but thought I'd ask anyway.

:thanks:

faline
12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I think it depends. We went to a Micky's Halloween Party that had rain showers a year or so ago. While we spent part of the time under cover waiting for the showers to pass, they were able to carry on with most of the activities. The Headless Horseman did not appear prior to the first parade because the ground was too wet but all other activities went forward.

A few years ago, our last Mickey's Christmas party was held on a night that was extemely cold. On that night, all activities went on as scheduled but required atendees to wear winter clothing.

I have heard of folks being offered tickets for an alterntive night when the rain is constant and rains out all activities for the evening.

MinnieMommie
12-06-2008, 07:52 PM
It rained hard for at least an hour and then showered on and off during the night when I attend in October this year. Everything went on as scheduled. We watched the fireworks through a mist. Got quite wet that night. :mickey:

Marymouse2003
12-06-2008, 08:20 PM
One night in '06 MVMCP was horrible. We had dinner @ LTT, so we covered our ECV's with huge trash bags we got from Poly. People were coming in soaked. Soaked to the skin. Water all over the floor in lobby of LTT. When we left from dinner, there was light drizzle. Good thing we covered the ECV's. The trash bag held a good 2 full buckets of water in the drivers seat. When we made our way to view parade, it starting raining again just as parade was passing by, passing really fast by. Then downpour, Downpour, DOWNPOUR!. We just gave up after watching the 1st parade. Some fokes did stay, in that weather. In answer to your ?, I think WDW shld have offered tickets for another night, but from what I've heard, it all depends if the other nights are sell outs or what. I did see ppl very upset, trying to get refunds/tkts 4 another night. If they cld just get a handle on controlling the weather:secret: Here's hoping there is no rain for all our Party nights. We go on the 8th.
God bless,

TheRustyScupper
12-06-2008, 09:45 PM
. . . so I wanted to ask in advance what Disney does if either the party is completely rained out, or if most of the "specials" are, like the fireworks, parades, castle shows, etc

1) In most cases, the party goes on.
. . . even if it rains
. . . even if it is cold
. . . even if there is fog
. . . even if there is snow
2) In some cases,
. . . the horseman doesn't ride
. . . the parade gets stopped
. . . the fireworks are halted or delayed
3) Unfortunately, the ticket says, no refunds.
4) If not sold out, they "might" let you go to another party.
5) Usually, they give you a day-pass, not a party-pass, even if you have an AP.

thumperbug
12-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Yes, the tickets do say rain or shine. They can't control the weather. I know you pay extra for the special events tickets but if you had tickets for regular hours say 9am -8pm and paid $75 and it rained all day...would you be asking for passes for another day in a park?

FlaTinkRAMESAM
12-06-2008, 11:25 PM
For one P&PP this past year, I think the one we went to in Feb it was miiiiiserable...rained the ENTIRE night, most of it monsoon-like down pours. We asked numerous times if they were still going to do the parade... told 4 different times that no they weren't going to. So we got on the magic carpets and see the end of the parade goin by while we were up in the air... I was NOT happy. So I had gone up to Guest Services when we left and told them that the CMs needed to be better informed as to what was going on (it wasn't as if it was one CM... 4 different CMs). They gave me the one day pass thingy to come back with my ticket AND gave me comp tickets for myself and whomever I wanted to bring with me to come back to any party within one year (P&PP or MNSSHP or MVMCP). I asked the girl what she meant by that, since it was just Emmy and myself... She said, if you want to bring 12 people, then please bring them, on us! I was like, really, 12? She said, yes, please, if you would like. I was shocked as you know what because I certainly did not expect that. When I came back to MK about a week later, I checked with the ticket people outside the park at Guest Services and asked them about it to see if my info was in there before I planned a trip to do another party. The guy there said yeah, we were good, and asked how many people planned on coming, and I said 8. They put us down for 8... the night of the party came, we went up to GS and they printed out 8 comp tickets for myself, DD3, DS, DBIL, and 4 of my friends... total Disney magic right there.

Marymouse2003
12-07-2008, 02:31 AM
That truly is Disney Magic. I think all of us, just "expect" the magic. Sometimes I think it just depends what CM you get and what level of authority they have. Let's hope all our party nights are rain free. I'm also praying for all the rain they show next week to just go away. I'm not sure how much faith one can put in Accu Weather or The Weather Channel. It's just computer generated and no "person" envolved.

Anyway, congrats on receiving the WDW magic!

jillluvsdisney
12-07-2008, 07:04 PM
You make the best of it.:(

EditReject
12-07-2008, 11:20 PM
A few years ago, our last Mickey's Christmas party was held on a night that was extemely cold. On that night, all activities went on as scheduled but required atendees to wear winter clothing.

I was at the party this past Tues nite (12/2). It was about 40 degrees out and many people were all bundled up but everything went on as expected. I thought I was going to be put off by the cold weather forecast (being that I was looking forward to a nice change from the cold Northeast) but it seemed to add to the Christmas atmosphere of the party.

Ian
12-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I was at the party this past Tues nite (12/2). It was about 40 degrees out and many people were all bundled up but everything went on as expected. I thought I was going to be put off by the cold weather forecast (being that I was looking forward to a nice change from the cold Northeast) but it seemed to add to the Christmas atmosphere of the party.We were at that party, too, and I agree ... it was awesome. Something about the chill in the air just added to the Christmas spirit. I was very glad that turned out to be the coldest day of the week!

As far as rainouts, I actually talked to a woman who had tickets to the party on the 30th and she said it went on as best it could, despite the rain. I think they held the parade and the fireworks that night, though.

Dsnygirl
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
:mickey: Thanks for all the answers... :thanks:

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to get my money back or entrance to another party just b/c there's rain... only if the entire party is cancelled due to bad weather. I know that happens rarely, but the forecast for our night was looking pretty bad when I asked. If it was totally cancelled, then yes, I'd expect to be allowed to a different night, if it wasn't sold out, just like if the park was closed b/c of bad weather and I lost a day's admission.

Otherwise, we're good at making the best of it -- we've got our ponchos, umbrellas and warm stuff if it's cold, and a good sense of humor --and hey -- better rain at Disney than nice weather at home, right?? :D

Nice to hear that the cool weather helped the mood -- makes sense, being from up north -- and our party night looks to be the coldest, so I'm actually looking forward to wearing some snuggly clothes and fleece sweatshirts!! :)

Belster
12-09-2008, 12:08 AM
When we went to MNSSHP I called to find out if we would be refunded or be able to go another night and I was told no.

Aggie97
12-09-2008, 03:42 AM
If the weather outlook is still poor on the day of the party, you might try stopping by MK Guest Services and asking if you can trade your tickets for another evening. We were able to do this for MNSSHP in October. We understood the tickets were nonrefundable; if we had been unable to trade in the tickets, then we would have attended the party that evening and made the best of it. However, we were able to switch our tickets without any issues at all (this was around 5 p.m.); they even gave us a partial refund because there was an AP discount on our new party night! I had no idea the new night was a discounted party, so it was an extra-pleasant surprise. Whatever you decide, have a great time! :mickey:

jnfr2424
12-09-2008, 10:37 AM
ON 11/30 I attended the MVMCP and it rained and the only thing that were cancelled were the outdoor stage shows. The parade was delayed but it still went on and so did the Fireworks display. There was no word about a refund or coming back another day. You basically just deal with it and make the most of the event which by the way was the BEST time ever!

tyandskyesmom
12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
ON 11/30 I attended the MVMCP and it rained and the only thing that were cancelled were the outdoor stage shows. The parade was delayed but it still went on and so did the Fireworks display. There was no word about a refund or coming back another day. You basically just deal with it and make the most of the event which by the way was the BEST time ever!

Yep...we were there too! The Galazy Theatre show was cancelled that we chose to see and so was the castle forecourt stage show we chose to see. It was a little bumming but it kept a lot of people away and there was not much in the way of lines. So it was not all bad. We went into it knowing it was going to rain and rain it did...all day! There were actually tornado warnings issued until I thing 6pm that night!