PDA

View Full Version : Another mousekeeping related question...

mom2morgan
12-06-2008, 12:36 PM
There are four of us in our room at POR, but we're all really restless sleepers so we're taking air mattresses for the kids. That means they'll be taking blankets off the beds to use on the floor - it's going to be cramped and cluttered. Last time we did this, I just put up the do-not-disturb sign for the whole 4 days, because I didn't want the housekeepers to feel like they had to pick up those blankets and re-make the beds.(and to my surprise, they left us a bag full of fresh towels on the doorknob every evening!) This time we're staying for a bit longer - 8 days. What do you think we should do? I don't want to put them to an unreasonable amout of extra work...we'll be in the room so little we really don't care too much if it's spotless, after all...

TammiMcMan
12-07-2008, 12:22 PM
On the days you do want mousekeeping, just take the "do not disturb" sign down. To give them as much space as possible, I would deflate the air matresses or stand them up against the wall so they can vacuum.

kemps@wdw
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Under the assumption that your air mattress has a pump, I would deflate them on the days you want mousekeepers in your room.:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
12-07-2008, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't worry about them being able to vacuum. Its been our experience on the last several trips that they do not vacuum at all during our stays, and there were a few times they didn't even make the bed. I wouldn't concern your self too much about it. Just stand the mattresses up between the bed and the wall and there should be plenty of room for mousekeeping to do what ever it is they do.

#1donaldfan
12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I agree with the above to add that you should let mousekeeping in everyday to help you out...it's YOUR vacation and they are there to help you....I'm not saying trash the place and expect them to fix it....you could put the blankets back up on the beds after waking, maybe even put the mattress on one of the beds, outta the floor and outta the way......??

KylesMom
12-08-2008, 12:43 PM
We write a note to Mousekeeping to please leave the comforter off the beds for the duration of our stay - we fold them up and put them in the closet as soon as we arrive. They must have noted it somewhere, because the comforters stayed off the beds all 14 nights the last two trips.

You could write something similar on the days you'd like Mousekeeping to come in & clean - I agree, however, that you should prop the air mattresses out of the way and fold the blankets up so that they can quickly and efficiently take care of your room. You shouldn't totally skip their services - eight days is a long time to go without having the bathroom cleaned, the toilet tissue restocked, etcetera! :blush: