PDA

View Full Version : A few question about Animal Kingdom...

mrmcgiv
12-06-2008, 01:28 AM
We are going for Eve EMH..I know it will be dark..

but i wonder if the boneyard is open when it is dark and if it is open during Eve EMH? It is not on the EMH list, but it does not sound like an actual attarction, just a park?

Was it Flights of wonder that someone said was closed for the season or tree of life?

Do the pocohantas shows run continually or is there a schedule? Do you know how late they go?

Is it really that congested at the Camp Mickey Minnie to see the characters? If so I will skip it

How is Rafikis plante watch for a 4 and 7 YO? It seems it will take at least an hour, and if it is lame I would rather spend the hour elsewhere

Is dinosaur really that scary..for 4 and 7 YO?

What would you do Pangani Trail or Maharajah Jungle trek if you had to pick one?

THANKS

gueli
12-06-2008, 01:52 AM
I do not have all the info,
But dinasour was quite scarry for our 5 year old. The ride jostles you around quite a bit- but it can be scary.
Good luck
have fun
:mickey:

Zawadi
12-06-2008, 06:33 AM
The AK EMH attractions are listed as:

Mornings:
DINOSAUR, Expedition Everest, It's Tough to be a Bug!, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Evenings:
Includes attractions listed above and DINOSAUR, Expedition Everest, Festival of the Lion King, It's Tough to be a Bug!, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, TriceraTop Spin

I believe that the "Pocohantis and her Forest Friends" show, in camp Minnie-Mickey, closed Sept 2008.

TinkerbellT421
12-06-2008, 07:59 AM

Was it Flights of wonder that someone said was closed for the season or tree of life?

Do the pocohantas shows run continually or is there a schedule? Do you know how late they go?

Is it really that congested at the Camp Mickey Minnie to see the characters? If so I will skip it

How is Rafikis plante watch for a 4 and 7 YO? It seems it will take at least an hour, and if it is lame I would rather spend the hour elsewhere

What would you do Pangani Trail or Maharajah Jungle trek if you had to pick one?

THANKS

1) I really dont remeber anything but either Flight of Wonder or the Tree of Life being closed...Inever saw anything about that. Can probably check the AK scheduled on here or disney park calendar and double check for closures.

2) Any shows like Pocahantas, Finding nemo, and The Lion King all have specific time schedules. You can get the times when you enter the park.

3) In my experience in January, that area hasnt really been that crowded, but then again we haven't stuck around to see it completely, kind of just walk there if not just go around it anyway. But we go in January, so it all depends on what other parks have EMH that would be more popular than going to AK, and what time of the year it is, if its in the busy season or not. I dont think theres really a right or wrong answer as to whether its that crowded or not. Thats all based on personal opinion on what some ppl consider crowded and not. And again what time of the season you will be there.

4) I think Rafikis Planet Watch is a must see one time deal. Its cute and cool at the same time, and I think perfect for the little ones. They have a petting zoo type thing when you leave. You can see some cool animals, and watch live surgeries and check ups on the animals right there. You get to meet Rafiki in there ( or atleast me and DBF did when we were there), not sure if he is there all the time. And they have a little question and answer show in the lobby for little ones....When I was there I had a heart attack becuase I am SOOO ARACHNOPHOBIC and they did a demostration with a LIVE Tarantula!! I almost died! Its cute though.

4) Dinosaur can be a little scary, I have to admit that I am 24 y/o and I was a little petrified for the first time. The ride is a very jostling one too, moves around quick and short so I really dont know. That might have to be on your on descretion. But I think it might be a littlllleleeee to intense for the little ones right now. Maybe you can go on first (if youre not by yourself) take a ride and see what you think first.

5) And the Jungle Treks I would go on the Maharajah, that is the one with the Tigers and stuff, But I favor tigers so I enjoyed that one more. I believe the other one was the ape/monkey trek, but that one was really cool especially when you got to the Silver Back Gorillas section. That is probably whichever one you think the kids will enjoy more. Though Tigers are tempermental lol, they come out when they feel like and sleep alot, so you might do the tiger one and not see any or see one and its way far away to really enjoy it. You might get more out of the gorilla trek.

Hope this helps. Have a great and magical vacation!

Tbelle1976
12-06-2008, 08:00 AM
I can only answer a couple of your questions here:

It can get pretty congested in Camp Minnie/Mickey to see the characters, but I found that the lines move pretty quick. The biggest lines we saw were of course for Mickey & Minnie.

As for Dinosaur, yes I thought it would definately be pretty scary for young ones. It's a very jerky ride and pretty dark as well.

joanna71985
12-06-2008, 10:31 AM

but i wonder if the boneyard is open when it is dark and if it is open during Eve EMH? It is not on the EMH list, but it does not sound like an actual attarction, just a park?

THANKS

*I'm pretty sure Flights of Wonder is still playing.

*The Pocahontas show is gone.

*It depends on what time of the day you go (the lines are really short during FotLK shows, and during the parade too, if they are still there).

*Oh yeah. Dinosaur can be really scary. It scares me, and I'm 23.

*I would do the Maharajah trail.

mouseketeer mom
12-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I'd pass on the dinosaur ride with the 4 and 7 year old. Its very dark, loud and very jerky. My kids don't like it at all.

Polynesian Dweller
12-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Most of your questions have been well answered but thought I'd add a bit about the trails. If I understand your post, it sounds like you are going for evening EMH. If that's right, then the Disney site indicates that neither of the Trails is open during evening EMH. Neither is Kilimanjaro safaris.

Makes sense that none of the animal areas would be open when its dark. The animals will not be active in the dark and will most likely be back in their indoor areas which is typical in most zoos.

If you do get there early enough though, I would suggest the Maharaja trail though both should be done if possible.

A Big Kid
12-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I do not have all the info,
But dinasour was quite scarry for our 5 year old. The ride jostles you around quite a bit- but it can be scary.
Good luck
have fun
:mickey:

That is all I can tell you as well. I would never take a 4 year old on Dinosaur. And I am a risk taking kinda dad.