PDA

View Full Version : Best games for Nintendo DS?

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Our DD7 loves the NintenDogs game. She has asked Santa for another game for her DS. We have NO CLUE what else would be good.

There is also a DS5 who likes to play it, so perhaps something not too girly!

What are your suggestions??

Thanks for your input!!!:mickey:

Disney Doll
12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Well, my DH is a retail manager of a game store and here is his expert advice...

For your 7yo DD there is a series of games called Pets which is similar to Nintendogs and is very popular. They make several versions all featuring different animals.

There is also a series of games called Imagine where girls role play different professions like Imagine- Rock Star, Imagine- Teacher, Imagine- Pet Doctor, Etc. DH says all are popular for girls of that age.

As for a game the two could share, DH recommends Super Mario. A classic remade and updated that continues to be a best seller among all groups.

RedSoxFan
12-05-2008, 11:13 PM
DD12 likes Mario Kart and the Brain Age games for DS along with the Nintendo Dogs.

RenDuran
12-06-2008, 08:16 AM
My daughter loves "Nintendogs" and "baby pals"! She just turned 9, so these may be good ideas for your daughter.

kakn7294
12-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Many of the "Imagine" games are fun. My girls also like the "Pets" series games and "Cooking Mama". They also love Animal Crossing - and so do I actually and you can have 4 different games on one system and the character can be either a boy or girl as per your choosing. My younger DD just turned 9 and we bought her one of the Littlest Pet Shop games which she really likes. We have Zoo Tycoon but it's difficult and not as fun as the PC game so I don't recommend it. My older DD is into all the Pokemon games which are also popular for boys.

joanna71985
12-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I have Diddy Kong racing (just like the Nintendo 64 version) and it's a lot of fun. Mario Party is fun too.

DisneyDog
12-08-2008, 10:31 AM
My DS6 loves Nintendogs, and also has the cats version of it. Those are his two favorite games.

I have ordered Spongebob Squarepants "Drawn Together" that DS will be getting for Hanukkah. I think that one looks really cute. There are other "Drawn Together" games, other than just Spongebob. It looks like you can draw your own character and make it come to "life."