PDA

View Full Version : Disney Design-a-Tee Set to Open December 8, 2008 at Downtown Disney

Figment!
12-05-2008, 02:09 PM
An opening date and more details have been released for the new Design your own T-Shirt store in Downtown Disney:

The Walt Disney World Resort and Hanesbrands Inc. are giving Guests a fashionable and innovative way to express themselves while on property. A new T-shirt shop at Downtown Disney called Disney Design-a-Tee will open Dec.8 with a plethora of designs and styles.

“We are thrilled to bring this new offering to Walt Disney World and Downtown Disney,” said Dara Trujillo, manager, Merchandise Synergy. “For the first time Guests will be able to customize and personalize their own T-shirt the way they want.”

When Guests enter the shop, located at the former Wonderful World of Memories location, they can use several self-service kiosks to design their own T-shirt by selecting:
• A body shape, size and color (12 colors to choose from, depending on body styles)
• Art from more than 100 different character/iconic designs
• Placement of the art on the T-shirt
• A logo, name, phrase and, in some cases, font The T-shirt will then be printed and presented to the Guest during checkout.

“Self expression is what this newest Disney concept is all about,” Dara said. “Some of your favorite characters not typically found in our parks, as well as some of our tried-and-true favorites, will now be available in this location.

Celebrating a family reunion, a special birthday or anniversary, or just want to show the world which Disney character you love the most? This will be your chance to create something uniquely your own … designed and created by you!”

Prices will range from $16.95-$31.95, depending on size, color and design. Regular Cast Member discounts apply. The new shop is part of the 10-year, multimillion dollar strategic alliance Hanesbrands Inc. and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts announced in October 2007. The partnership gives Hanes and Champion category exclusivity for select apparel at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex Stadium, Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif., and all eight ESPN Zone stores.

“We are proud to partner with Disney on this innovative store where Guests may celebrate their visit to the Walt Disney World Resort by creating their own customized Disney T-shirt,” said Dudley Gentry, Hanesbrands director of
Marketing. “Commemorating their visit with a Hanes T-shirt created at Design-A-Tee combines great comfort with great fun for a memorable Guest experience.”

Note: Although not made clear by the article, The Wonderful World of Memories store has moved to a new location in Downtown Disney, it has not closed.

4myprincesses
12-05-2008, 10:34 PM
We leave tomorrow, so no design-a-tee for us. I did notice, however, that there was a fair bit of scrapbooking supplies in the World of Disney store downtown. I do not remember seeing them there on trips before and it seems to be about the selection that they used to have at the Wonderful World of Memories store.

cindchan
12-06-2008, 08:51 PM
The scrapbooking stuff was there when I was last there in Sept of 2007. I bought some of my stickers and a mouse ears punch there. ^_^

As for the design-a-tee store. I wonder if I can make one with a martini glass :marg: and the words "Kungaloosh" on it. :thedolls:

glenpreece
12-10-2008, 10:39 PM
I hope Jessica Rabbit is one of the characters available!!!!!

Melanie
12-11-2008, 02:04 AM
From OrlandoSentinel.com:

Downtown Disney and Hanes team up on T's

December 8, 2008

The most visible sign yet of the 10-year deal signed in 2007 between Walt Disney World and Hanes Brands Inc. is expected to debut today when the Disney's Design a Tee Presented by Hanes shop begins a soft opening in Downtown Disney's Marketplace.

The shop, next to The Art of Disney store at the east end of Downtown Disney, will allow customers to use one of eight touch-screen kiosks to design their own short- or long-sleeve T-shirts, featuring more than 300 items of Disney art and up to four lines of text, and have them printed while they wait.

"They select a shirt style, color and art, write a personal message or select from a set of programmed messages," said Hanes marketing director Dudley Gentry.

Prices range from $20 to $30. Shirts are made in about 15 minutes, he said, and patrons can wait and watch them being made on video screens, pick them up later or have them delivered.

As part of the deal, clothing maker Hanes became the official (though not necessarily exclusive) T-shirt supplier at Disney World.

DigitalDaredevil
12-11-2008, 04:08 AM
I've always felt that Disney needed to have more variety in their t-shirts. Although I like the characters, the shirts I like to wear are generally of logo's and not so busy.
I would love to see a shirt with just a Tomorrowland, Adventureland, or any other land logo on it without too much going on, or some closed/past attractions shirts and logos.
This store is a great idea to have many different designs without taking up store space for stock of already made shirts, or to make items that may only be popular to a select group of people.
I would also love to see a TTA t shirt, or Carousel of Progress design, or better yet, a Horizons shirt.
I am looking forward to this store and hopefully they will keep their designs endless!

Tink#64
12-11-2008, 11:41 PM
I think this will be a big hit! I know we will definitely want to make our own shirts! We ordered shirts thru the Disney catalog a couple of years ago, with our last name, the year & the fab five on them! They were so cool, I loved being able to personalize our shirts! I would think that a lot of families/groups would want to do the same, especially having them ready the same day & hopeflly having a fair amount of choices of designs! I love new & fresh ideas! :thumbsup:

A Foolish Mortal
12-22-2008, 02:51 PM
The design a tee shop was very disappointing. There was very little to actually put on the tshirts, but the worst thing was that there wasn't anything that had to do with the parks that you were able to put on the shirts. It just wasn't that good.

Beast_fanatic
12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
The design a tee shop was very disappointing. There was very little to actually put on the tshirts, but the worst thing was that there wasn't anything that had to do with the parks that you were able to put on the shirts. It just wasn't that good.

I agree. I thought the offerings were very limited. There were only a few styles of shirts to choose from too.

I was also disappointed that the design a hat center next to it was only mouse ears as I was hoping to design a visor or baseball cap (which I have since found that you can do online at Disney Shopping, but they don't have enough offerings there either).

MinnieMommie
12-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Good news - my daughter is looking forward to this on our next visit. :mickey: