PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Secrets

chichi1515
12-05-2008, 09:57 AM
We are getting ready to go next week. I was wondering what special things we could find. I have read about Tink(where does this take place) and are there any other secrets I could look for at DW..............

CU Tiger
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Go to Tom Sawyer’s Island when it opens and try to find one of the hidden paint brushes. If you do, you get a special fast-past! We did it during our last visit, found one, and had a blast doing it.:thumbsup::mickey:

Figment!
12-05-2008, 01:15 PM
There sure are, check out the Hidden Treasures & Surprises (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.
(http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp)

DisneyHoneymooners
12-05-2008, 03:45 PM
If your staying at AKL or get a chance to go there at night check out the night vision googles to view the animals its fun and free.

ibrowse17
12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
I noticed on our trip in July that the ring at the HM was no longer there. Anyone else notice this??

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-06-2008, 12:15 AM
It never was there to begin with.

ibrowse17
12-06-2008, 09:47 AM
It never was there to begin with.

I am very sorry to disagree, but a CM showed it to us last Dec. It was not very big. When we were there with our nephew in July we wanted to show him as many of the secrets as we could. He loved looking for hidden Mickey's:mickey:, and treated it all as a "secret" mission. Coming out of the HM we looked for the ring, and it was no longer there. A CM told us it had been removed. Anyway, we will be there next week and would love to say hello to you:thumbsup:

Altair
12-06-2008, 10:34 AM
I noticed on our trip in July that the ring at the HM was no longer there. Anyone else notice this??

It was either a ring or a broken off piece of an old gate post, depending on your imagination level.

It was covered for a while, then re-exposed. Later it was re-covered over or removed.
I really don't think there was any harm allowing it to stay.:(

Anyway, a nice often missed treasure is the Madame Leota headstone just before you enter HM. The eyes open and look around. Very creepy.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I am very sorry to disagree, but a CM showed it to us last Dec. It was not very big.

CM's will also point out the weatherdome, claim that Walt is frozen, and anything else you can think to ask them.

As someone else said, it was a piece from an old stanchion that was removed. But as someone who worked Ad/Lib....it was never there.

If you want to find me, it won't be hard as I am going to be there 6 days next week in various places. Send a PM and I'll give you the specific of when and where.

BananaAnna838
12-07-2008, 11:09 AM
At (what I will always call MGM) DHS, you can pull the rope going down the well next to Indy Stunt Show!
You can also look under the mat at the Muppets 3-D show.
You also should definitely get the Hidden Mickey book, those are always fun :mickey:
There are tons more, I'm sure more people will come along with them :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
12-07-2008, 07:02 PM
If you stand on the bridge between the castle and Tomorrow Land when Wishes starts you'll get to see Tink flying overhead. I felt like a little kid when she flew over our heads.:D

Stu29573
12-08-2008, 09:22 AM
It was either a ring or a broken off piece of an old gate post, depending on your imagination level.

It was covered for a while, then re-exposed. Later it was re-covered over or removed.
I really don't think there was any harm allowing it to stay.:(

I kind of thought with the last referb they would place a real ring in the pavement to take it's place, since it got so much publicity...Alas, no dice (or ring either!)

chichi1515
12-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info, we will use it.........