PDA

View Full Version : Where is the MK Christmas Tree?

Jarrod
12-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Just got back on Sunday and all the decorations were up in all the parks, including a large tree; but the big tree at the front of Main Street had not appeared yet? Also, obviously there was no tree light lighting ceremony at MK, but there was not a tree lighting ceremony at EP either? Does anyone know if they cut these things out this year?

Gator
12-04-2008, 09:15 PM
When I was there in 2006, they had the Christmas Tree near the bridge between the hub and T-Land. It makes for great shots coming from Tomorrowland. The tree was there until about 2 days after the parade taping. At that point, they streamed garland across MainStreet and moved the tree close to the train station.

CaptSmee
12-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I highly doubt it, but am unsure. It's usually right at the hub of Main Street when you walk into the park. At Epcot it's right as you enter the center of World Showcase.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-04-2008, 11:12 PM
They don't put it up until after the Christmas Parade Taping. They have to have the MS Hub cleared for the stage where Regis and Kelly sit.

They also remove the flagpole during this time (it was gone yesterday when I was there).

The tree will be up in a few days.

As for Epcot, it may not have been up when you were here but it was definitely up yesterday and all lit up.

me...
12-05-2008, 12:56 PM
They usually have the tree up in the Rose Garden at MK before the parade taping and move it afterwards, but this year they decided against it for some reason. I don't think it's cool they have the Christmas parties going on with no Christmas tree, but thats just me.

Goes4FastPass
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't think it's cool they have the Christmas parties going on with no Christmas tree, but thats just me.
Yes, we were at MVMCP last Thursday and the front hub was walled off preparing for the parade taping.
The entire amount of decorations at the MK added for the holidays is not really a knock-your-socks-off effect but the 'frost' on the castle is very cool (no pun intended).

diz_girl
12-08-2008, 04:59 PM
They don't put it up until after the Christmas Parade Taping. They have to have the MS Hub cleared for the stage where Regis and Kelly sit.

From what I have heard from an inside source, Regis doesn't like to have his view of the parade blocked by the tree. So no tree until after the taping.

Goes4FastPass
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
From what I have heard from an inside source, Regis doesn't like to have his view of the parade blocked by the tree. So no tree until after the taping.
Then somebody ought to get that old hack bigger type for the teleprompter! "Now here come those crazy kids from the, uh, that musical high school thing."

PirateLover
12-09-2008, 12:06 AM
That's too bad that it wasn't up in the Rose Garden this year. It looked so nice last year. It was the perfect spot for our engagement. :cloud9:

CPT Trips
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes, we were at MVMCP last Thursday and the front hub was walled off preparing for the parade taping.
The entire amount of decorations at the MK added for the holidays is not really a knock-your-socks-off effect but the 'frost' on the castle is very cool (no pun intended).

I totally agree . . . Christmas decorations at the parks just were not up to what I remember from a few years ago. it was particularly noticable in the Magic Kingdom . . . get off Main Street and it was just another day with the Mouse.
The castle was something special . . . better than a birthday cake!
Everything seemed geared to getting extra bucks from the masses for Mickey's Christmas Party.
And didn't the Country Bears used to be decorated for Christmas?

DDuck66
12-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I totally agree . . . Christmas decorations at the parks just were not up to what I remember from a few years ago. it was particularly noticable in the Magic Kingdom . . . get off Main Street and it was just another day with the Mouse.
The castle was something special . . . better than a birthday cake!
Everything seemed geared to getting extra bucks from the masses for Mickey's Christmas Party.
And didn't the Country Bears used to be decorated for Christmas? Not sure about decorations, but they have not had the special Holiday edition of the Country Bears for several years.

Laura670
12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
We just returned back today. We also noticed the tree was missing. I asked a cast member about the tree and she said that she didn't know why it wasn't up. When we returned to the magic kingdom on Monday Dec 8th it was up. It was so wierd not to see it there and then all of a sudden over night it was there

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-15-2008, 01:08 AM
It was missing because they were filming the parade for Christmas and the stage for Regis and Kelly is set up right where the parade goes. Since the cost of putting up the tree is ridiculous, Disney only wanted to pay for it once and have it put up in it's correct spot rather than pay twice as much to put it in the Rose Garden.

eandrsmom
12-15-2008, 07:51 AM
We're here! Went to MK yesterday, and the tree at the beginning of Main Street is up -HUGE!! Never been during the holidays, so we were very impressed.