PDA

View Full Version : WDW Withdrawal Syndrome

Baloo Da Man!
12-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Is anyone aware of any studies citing clinical evidence of a medical/psychological condition that could be described as Walt Disney World Withdrawal Syndrome? Having returned on Nov. 30th after a week in WDW, I found myself wondering this week whether I could get a fast pass to bypass traffic on my morning commute - and whether 7/11 would give me a free refill if I brought in my Mickey mug. Should I see a professional about this?

cer
12-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey, I like it...

Faver
12-04-2008, 01:12 PM
:exactly: I know the feeling.... the worst is when you first get back to "civilian life" :mickey: WDW is so special and exciting, everything just pales in comparison!

Just hang on..... you'll get over the "shakes" soon :thumbsup:

danimator
12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Yep.

I looked it up after my first trip.. it's known in the vernacular as 'Post-Disney Depression'. (google it)

Post-Disney Depression 34 up, 5 down
A condition suffered by diehard Disney park fans after coming home from a Walt Disney World or Disneyland vacation. Feels like something is missing and real life is depressing. There is only one cure; planning another trip, and if that cannot be done the phase will last several weeks, either immediately after arrival home or a short delay after.
Also known as PDD.

vicster
12-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I've been back since September 19th and I've got it bad. I'm soooo tempted to book a trip for the Spring with the 7 nites for 4 but with the economy I'm too scared. I've got a credit with Southwest that's also tempting me so maybe.....

TinkerbellT421
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
I so get that! lol! That is great! I am onyl 32 days away from the world! I cant stop thinking about! I feel like Im going crazy! ANNNNDDD TO top it all off, I am already getting depressed that we will only be there for 11 days and then Ill be home again! :( But atleast I will be able to book another trip the second I get home and start the 300 day count all over again!!!!! :thumbsup:

vicster
12-04-2008, 02:13 PM
But atleast I will be able to book another trip the second I get home and start the 300 day count all over again!!!!!

I'd book the bounceback while I'm there if I were you. I should've done that in September and then I'd be "forced" to go again.

cer
12-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Withdrawal, absolutely. But Baloo has some very interesting points...let's bring some Disney into our everyday life....

Who wouldn't want a fastpass for the line at the post office....

vicster
12-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Who wouldn't want a fastpass for the line at the post office....

And use your Key to the World card for dinner at Outback...on the free dining plan, of course.

snuggs30
12-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Ok, i am still going through the withdrawl and i have been back since Nov. 17th. I still think about it non stop and I am so depressed! I don't know when we can go back again because of finance's but i am making it longer next time! 7 days was NOT long enough!! Man if i could just win the lottery!!!!

mouseketeer mom
12-04-2008, 06:01 PM
And use your Key to the World card for dinner at Outback...on the free dining plan, of course.

YES! I definitely miss my Key to the world card once we return home! How easy it is to swipe that card and have a wonderful trip!!!! I have had Disney withdrawls over and over, each time we return home. And I agree, the only remedy is to begin planning the next one. Its the only thing that works. I actually start planning the next one while I'm there. Helps with the leaving. I need to know when I'm coming back, before I leave!

mickey&missy
12-04-2008, 06:18 PM
I get it bad too!!! You spend soo much time planning, tweaking, making everything right, getting ready etc, etc, etc. Then BAM! It's over!! Terrible! And completely unfair!!!

I also get pretty bad cases of "will the next trip every get here" blues!

love2teach
12-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I think the week after you get back is the WORST! I remember driving to work smiling and wanting to wave to everyone and then I realized that no one else was happy .:drive: Did anyone have really vivid Disney dreams for awhile after????? :sheep:

I would love to take a monorail to work everyday!

TinkerbellT421
12-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I'd book the bounceback while I'm there if I were you. I should've done that in September and then I'd be "forced" to go again.

HEHEHE! DBF And I solved that problem by just joing DVC! lol...So now we are "forced" to take it every year...ya know cause I would hate to have to "bank" points and maybe something happens and cant use the banked points? Now what a waste that would be....atleast thats our excuse and we are sticking to it! lol :secret:

jnfr2424
12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
OK I got it BADLY!!! I thought I was fine showing off my pictures at work and then last night it hit hard!! I was watching the Travel Channel and Samantha Brown was on showing the Holidays around Disney World and I lost it!
I want to go back right now - even though we were there for a week, I feel like I missed something. So what does that mean? Time to start planning for the next trip!:mickey:

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-05-2008, 10:59 AM
I found myself wondering this week whether I could get a fast pass to bypass traffic on my morning commute - and whether 7/11 would give me a free refill if I brought in my Mickey mug.

My children first experienced this on the way home from WDW, when the airport restrooms did not have automatic flushers, automatic water, and automatic soap!! They just stood there, waving their hands under the faucet, wondering why the water wasn't turning on! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
12-05-2008, 12:16 PM
.....yep there is a real condition that plagues me every year.....only to be momentairly taken away by a yearly trip......there seems to be no other cure, no other vacation destination can quell the "Disney Blues".....:thedolls:

brad192
12-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Yep, me too! I can usually shake it off in about a week or so, but it's a tough time for me. :crying: The trigger that starts it all is when I get my "eviction notice" at the resort. :fit: It just doesn't feel the same after that. :pout: