View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's One Night at Pop Preface

Beach Club Babe
12-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Cast of Characters:

Me (Heather)
DH (Ron)
DD#1 (Courtney)
DD#2 (Ashleigh)

As many of you know, our DD#1 Courtney goes to college at Florida Tech in Melbourne. The day before Thanksgiving, she flew from MCO into Philadelphia, where myself and DD#3, Emily met her. This was the first time we've seen her since she left for school on August 12! We were all excited to have her home for a few days!

She had to be back on campus on Monday, Dec 1, for an 8:00 AM class. Rather than her fly back down, we decided we'd take a little road trip and take her back to school ourselves. Since Emily had come with us in August to take her to school, we decided this would be Ashleigh's turn. DS, Matt had to work, so he could not make the trip.

This would be the first time leaving Emily for a few days, and the guilt was getting to me as it always does. Usually, I cave in and take her along. Since it was such a short trip, and she had school, I, shockingly stuck to my guns, and let her stay with my parents. It was a bit of a shock to her, but I'm happy to report she survived just fine! (As did I)

Ok, now that those plans were in place, there was just no way, we were going to take Ashleigh into the state of Florida and not stop at WDW, even if ever so briefly! Of course we would have loved to stay longer, but Ron needed to be at work on Thursday morning for a meeting. One night would just have to do for now. Of course, it might have been 2, but Courtney wanted an extra day at home to spend some time with a HS friend who had been going through some rough times. We can forgive her for that.

The plan called for us leaving late Sunday morning and getting to Fla Tech in time for Courtney to clean up and get to class. Then we would meet her and spend part of the day showing Ashleigh the campus and popping over to the beach for a little bit before heading over to Pop Century to check in for our one little night. The next day would be spent at the park of Ashleigh's choosing, Magic Kingdom, before beginning the long drive home.

Well, we tried to stick to the plan, and had mostly success. Of course, with everybody having to last minute things before leaving home, and making a few pit stops. We actually got a bit of a late start and didn't actually hit the open road until about 12:30 PM. The next minor obstacle was an accident on I-81 near Hershey which really had trafffic jammed up. We had smooth sailing until just after DC, and hit the usual trffic delays here, but made worse by all the holiday traffic. What happened? They said it wouldn't be so bad this year. Guess they were kind of wrong. We had bumper to bumper traffic all the way to Richmond, it was kind of hairy.

We had no other real delays other than the fact that we were making many more stops than we usually do, due to the fact that I'm pregnant and must get out to stretch my legs and go the bathroom.

However, it did not look good for Courtney getting to her 8:00 Am class. Surprisingly though, she made it with 15 minutes to spare. No real time to clean up, but she wanted to get there as they were reviewing for a test the next day. She went to class, and we went to IHOP to get something to eat.

I will pick up with day 1 from here soon.

TinkerbellT421
12-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the report! :thumbsup: I love these. I have to start reading these more often. Especially now that Im a intercot-a-holic (Hi my name is Tonya and Im a Disney Intercot-a-holic) lol.

tinkerbell04
12-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Heather, I am glad to get a little update on Courtney! I am looking forward to hearing more about it!

faline
12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I guess I missed a really exciting piece of news - I had no idea you were pregnant! Congrats!

I don't think I've ever seen one of your trip reports that did not include Emily!

Sounds like you'll be starting off this trip rather tired after that long drive!

mouseketeer mom
12-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Wow, Heather! Congratulations on your pregnancy!! That is fantastic news! Can't wait to hear more about your mini trip! Thanks!:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
12-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the report.

RedSoxFan
12-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Sounds like a great start to your mini trip.:mickey:

princessgirls
12-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Heather~

It's always fun to see a trip report from you! You rock, pregnant and all you still managed two road trips to Florida with Baby on Board!

Glad you made it down safe!

Julie:mickey:

ElenitaB
12-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey, Heather! I was wondering how you managed driving all that way "in your condition." ;) Glad to see it went well AND Courtney made it to class on time!

DisneyorBust
12-15-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm just a bit late getting to your reports! Enjoyed the first day and lokk forward to reading the next installment.:thumbsup:

January-2007
12-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks for reporting. :mickey: