PDA

View Full Version : Snow On Main Street?????

Marker
12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I hear people talk about how magical it is when they make it snow on Main Street USA.

Well, when I got home from work this afternoon, I stepped out on my back patio, and watched it snow for a few minutes. I didn't even have to pay extra for the opportunity (other than higher heating bills).

So here's the thing, I've got several months ahead that will offer many opportunities to see snow, and not just on one select street. I'll get to see it on highways, driveways, sidewalks, rooftops, etc. I guess the snow is on Main Street USA is more magical for those who don't otherwise have the opportunity to see snow.

Although, it probably is a bit more enjoyable when it's in the 60's or 70's out instead of 25, oops make that 24 now.

But that's just my opinion.

CanadianWDWFan
12-03-2008, 08:50 PM
:ditto:

:rotfl: Good one!:thumbsup: I nearly lost my coffee reading this one!

chrisb26
12-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Well I have plenty of opportunities here to see snow in fact I can look out my window right now and see it :D

But I do like the Main Street USA snow much better for a couple reasons:

1) It never accumulates in fact it doesn't stay on you very long.

2) When it snows in Disney World it is as you said usually nice out where when it snows here it is normally freezing out.

So I'll take the Disney snow over this snow any day lol :D

Marker
12-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Of course I could just drive a couple hours down the road to Marceline, MO and see snow on the ORIGINAL Main Street USA.

CU Tiger
12-03-2008, 09:29 PM
It does not snow much here, but I like to see my DDs try to catch the snow on their tongue.:D I am not sure you want to catch the snow on your tongue while you are on Main Street in the MK!:blush::mickey:

DisFan01
12-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Take it from a Floridian, it's GREAT to see snow! :D

Even if it is still 70 degrees out... :secret:

Pete Olsen
12-03-2008, 09:30 PM
You don't have to shovel Main Street snow!

Tbelle1976
12-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Yes...but it's not "magical" snow anywhere but WDW!

Marker
12-03-2008, 09:37 PM
You don't have to shovel Main Street snow!

Hey, that could be a revenue generator. Make it snow enough that there is snow to shovel, the offer guest the opportunity. For an appropriate fee of course.

momofarealprincessf
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
I'd rather see fake snow in 70 degree weather over real snow in freezing cold temps. I live in Minnesota. Trust me. I know what I'm talking about!:mickey:

mic_keyfan
12-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Living in Minne-SNOW-ta I definetely get my fair share, but would take Main Street snow and snow from The Streets of America at Hollywood Studios anyday! Wish I was there now!!!!!

gueli
12-04-2008, 02:46 AM
the child in me...actually I am the child- still loves when it snows. It does not matter if it is here or anywhere else- snow can be magical in and of itself.
And yes, I am the one who shovels it.
:mickey:

mrmcgiv
12-04-2008, 08:54 AM
We see plenty of snow here too, but I think Main Street USA would be a nice place to see snow. Here...we think..AHve to shovel, clean the car, heat the house etc There you just enjoy.

Having said that, we are not splurgung on the tix for the MVMCP next week when we are there. Enjoy you r snow in MO.

thrillme
12-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I can't imagine anybody complaining about shoveling snow. It's so "light and fluffy" like shoveling clouds.

Alas I'm from San Antonio...it snows about 8-12inches one day and we shut the entire city down for 3 days. Only truckers are allowed in so we'll replace our barren grocery shelves.

Snow on Main Street...sounds cool. I can't believe they don't shut down the World.

dmosher
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
I like the idea of Snow on Main ST because it follows my theory about snow in general. "Snow should be something you go, not something that comes to you."

Simple as that.
:pipes:
D

JPL
12-04-2008, 02:24 PM
There is nothing more Magical or surreal that standing in your shorts and T-shirt and watching the snow come down on Main Street USA :cloud9:

Ian
12-04-2008, 02:33 PM
It may be largely irrelevant, since we were at MVMCP on Tuesday and it didn't snow a lick ...

cer
12-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Snow...what's...snow?

The closest thing we ever get to snow is called...HAIL!

But really, Thrillme is right. Get some good ice through Austin and a little flurries..and we're shuttin' her down...

EeyoresBestFriend
12-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm from Canada ~ nuff said. :D

The First few snowfalls are pretty - then they just become annoying (shovelling the drive and slipping on the ice,etc) and then it turns to slush and muck. :sick:

I am more than thrilled to go to Florida to get away from it!:mickey:

Stu29573
12-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Actually, around where I live the main reason everything gets shut down is that we don't get much snow...we get ICE. There might be a light dusting of snow over it, but it's pretty much solid ice. :snowball:

Magic Smiles
12-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with the snow on Main Street last year. Being from Ontario, Canada I guess I was expecting something more. Speaking of more, we just had a great dump of the real stuff.......35 cm (almost 14 inches).

Polynesian Dweller
12-10-2008, 08:38 PM
I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with the snow on Main Street last year. Being from Ontario, Canada I guess I was expecting something more. Speaking of more, we just had a great dump of the real stuff.......35 cm (almost 14 inches).
Pretty underwhelming for this fellow Ontarian too. But after yesterday's storm, I'd be real happy with what you get on Main Street.:D

dumbo ears
12-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Ya where I live its been in the 60's lately. Im from Minnesota and I do miss the snow and cold weather. For me to see snow at WDW it is the only time a year I will. But I know where you are coming from with all the hastles with snow. its a lot of ****

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Guess what everyone???? Its snowing here in south Mississippi....everyone's excited here

disneydrmr
12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Hey - would you guys please stop saying the "S" word? :snowball::freeze: Y'all are making me freeze! I tell you what - if Disney wants it to snow on Main St. I'll GLADLY ship them whatever lands in my yard here in Ohio - I sure don't want it!

Imagineer1981
12-15-2008, 03:55 PM
whatever reason, snow on Mainstreet seems cheap and hookey to me. Probably because I live the real thing every winter and something about it being cold and snowy that makes it magical. Its hard to enjoy fake snow when its 70 and you are trying to drink hot cocco and sweating