PDA

View Full Version : Really psyched and a little nervous!

sleepingbooty
12-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm having Lasik tomorrow! I've been wanting to do this for years, but I have a hard time spending money on myself - so I've always put it off. I am so excited to not have to wear contacts or glasses anymore! I'm not really nervous about the procedure itself, but I'm worried that I'm going to go crazy trying to keep myself from touching or rubbing my eyes. Has anyone out there had it done, and how did it go?

joanna71985
12-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I would like to know that too, because I would love to get Lasik myself.

Ian
12-03-2008, 08:29 PM
All I have to say is .....................

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You made a great choice. I had LASIK a little over 2 years ago and it was absolutely the best money I ever spent.

It's a breeze of a procedure and it works like a charm. I've never been happier to have had surgery in my life!

Enjoy!!

Piglet822
12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I just had Lasik done back in October and although I was very nervous at first I'm glad I had it done. I do have to still wear glasses for reading though - they did explain to me that most people over 40 have to due to the natural weakening of the eye (I guess that's the right way to describe it).
You'll probably have the most popular Lasik which is where they make a flap, open it up, use the lasar the close the flap. I've heard that people that have had this done see immediate results.
I had PRK which is the "old" Lasik and takes a little longer to heal. It was frustrating for me, especially since I am a professional motor coach operator but my eyes are doing much better now :)
Good luck to you tomorrow and please let us know how you make out :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
12-04-2008, 02:02 PM
My dad and my brother have both had it done. I would love to have it done, but I'm too chicken.:blush: My dad and my brother both were very happy with their results.

pink
12-04-2008, 05:41 PM
My mom had it done was she was legally blind and afterwards she had perfect vision. After the surgery they made her wear giant, dark protective goggles so there wasn't even a way she could scratch her eyes unless she took it off. Don't be nervous, it will be worth it! :mickey:

Jasper
12-04-2008, 05:50 PM
I have a very good friend who had this done several years ago and the surgery and recovery were both a breeze. The only complaint he had was that at night if he looked in the direction of a street light or car head light he would see a "star burst" kind of effect.

I would say he had his done about 7 years ago and it gave him good vision for about 4 years. After those first 4 years his eyesight got progressively worse and now he is basically back to where he started.

joanna71985
12-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I would say he had his done about 7 years ago and it gave him good vision for about 4 years. After those first 4 years his eyesight got progressively worse and now he is basically back to where he started.

That's what I'm afraid of happening. :(

RedSoxFan
12-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I had it done 4 years ago. Best thing I've ever done and worth every pretty penny. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and being able to see.

Piglet822
12-06-2008, 07:32 PM
. The only complaint he had was that at night if he looked in the direction of a street light or car head light he would see a "star burst" kind of effect.

I forgot about that, I had that as well but it seems to have disappeared now.
The cool thing about mine was that the lights looked liked spider webs and it was right around Halloween, lol.

mrsgaribaldi
12-11-2008, 07:45 PM
I had Lasik in March 1999. It was the best money I ever spent. I had the halos at night around lights too but they went away. My eyesight is still perfect after almost 10 years:mickey:

pink
12-13-2008, 10:17 AM
How did the procedure go? :mickey:

DisneyDog
12-16-2008, 11:30 AM
My DH had it done about 9 year ago, by Dr. Kremer, the man who invented the procedure (he's a doctor and an engineer). Unfortunately, his vision is now starting to regress. He's wearing glasses a lot more often now, where for years he didn't have to wear them at all. DH's cousin is an optometrist, and he says it's normal. He just bought new lenses this past week, as his eyes got worse yet again. Nothing is permanent.