PDA

View Full Version : Epcot-Christmas day

momofarealprincessf
12-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Only 3 weeks from today until we leave for WDW! We can't wait! We are planning on going to Epcot on Christmas day. How early do you reccomend that be there before opening that day? I'd really appreciate any help. Any other tips for Epcot on Christmas day? Thanks so Much! Have a Great day! :santa:

Jeff
12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Epcot will be very very busy Christmas Day but nothing like MK. If you want to get on the big attractions I recommend being there about 30 min before opening and ready to go. If you just want to get in you can be several hours after opening and get in with no problem.

My family has been the last several Christmas Days. We start the day in MK. Spend about 2 hours then hop the monorail over to Epcot for the rest of the day.

Have fun.

Pixie Power
12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the tip! We'll be there for the 1st time ever on Christmas Day, so this is good information to know. Our plan is to be @ MK on Christmas Day. :santa:

momofarealprincessf
12-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the Help Jeff. We're saving the Magic Kingdom for New Year's Day. Any suggestions on how early to go that day?:mickey:

Meteora
12-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the tip! We'll be there for the 1st time ever on Christmas Day, so this is good information to know. Our plan is to be @ MK on Christmas Day.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but just to reiterate, the MK will be extremely crowded on Christmas Day. Don't plan on doing anything except standing around and moving very slowly to different parts of the park (the crowds are so thick that just getting anywhere takes forever). Be prepared to see a literal interpretation of the phrase "elbow to elbow." And be there early, because the MK often fills to capacity that day.

krose78
12-04-2008, 11:10 AM
We were there last year and heard that MK was not letting more people in after 9:45am. Epcot was not very busy for us but we stuck to going around the world and listening to the storytellers. It really made an interesting Christmas celebrating in different countries around the world. Illuminations was very busy we ended up watching from the top of Canada.

dumbo ears
12-04-2008, 08:59 PM
this is very helpful to me also and I will be in epcot on christmas day for EMH. I cant to wait. Does anyone have a clue how busy MK will be on the 26 and how busy DHS will be on the 24? please private message me

Jeff
12-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the Help Jeff. We're saving the Magic Kingdom for New Year's Day. Any suggestions on how early to go that day?:mickey:

New Years Day is not nearly as bad as New Years Eve or Christmas day. Crowds will still be heavy though - get there at opening to get the main attractions done, use fast pass wisely and you'll have a great day.

Pixie Power
12-04-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm sure you've heard this before, but just to reiterate, the MK will be extremely crowded on Christmas Day. Don't plan on doing anything except standing around and moving very slowly to different parts of the park (the crowds are so thick that just getting anywhere takes forever). Be prepared to see a literal interpretation of the phrase "elbow to elbow." And be there early, because the MK often fills to capacity that day.

Thanks for the 411. We've been @ MK on New Year's Eve, so if it is anything like that, we'll be well prepared. :thumbsup: