PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi

rain
12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Reviews are mixed but we are going to try it for the first time on our next trip in 2009. It seems like everyone is okay with the burgers but frown upon the other entrees. Are they really that bad because I saw they have prime rib on the menu and my wife will want the prime rib when she sees it. Also, most seem to prefer going there for lunch rather than dinner. According to the menu prices, which may or may not be up to date, dinner looks cheaper than lunch. :confused: What are your thoughts?

goofiecrazy
12-03-2008, 01:25 PM
We alwys have lunch there thats the only place in HS that we eat at. HUbby gets the burger and i always get the pasta dish and that is really good.

SBETigg
12-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I would resist the temptation to do dinner or to get the prime rib. It might turn out fine, but the reviews are not in your favor for dinner. If you tried it for lunch and liked it a lot, maybe the next trip try dinner. Or if you're really adventurous and don't mind a potentially meh sort of meal, maybe dinner. The burgers, sandwiches, and soup were all fine for us at lunchtime.

snuggs30
12-03-2008, 01:45 PM
We go everytime for lunch and we just love it! The burgers are ordered for everyone and they are so gooooood!!!!! Never tried anything else, but i am sure its great! Alot cheaper at lunch than dinner! Go to lunch!:thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
12-03-2008, 02:28 PM
We've dined there for lunch and dinner over the years, and the food has always been very ordinary and rather pricey for what you get.

We had dinner there last year, and I tried to order a hamburger. Guess what? No hamburgers on the dinner menu. The server said he would ask the kitchen to make one special, so I said yes. I also ordered coffee with my meal. Everyone in my party got their food but me. When I finally managed to get our server's attention, he said he would "check" on it. My party was just finishing their food when my burger arrived. I never got my coffee refilled, even though I mentioned it every time I saw the server.

That said, the place is FUN for kids and a hoot for those of us who remember the old movies.
I just wouldn't eat there again.

chrisb26
12-03-2008, 02:39 PM
We've eaten there for lunch the last couple of trips and usually get a burger. I really like their burgers but not sure about the other food they have. But the place is alot of fun I love watching the old cartoons and stuff on the movie screen!

AnnieBananie
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Just ate at Sci Fi last week (Nov. 28) for dinner. I hesitated to try this place because of the mixed reviews, but my DD and I really had a great server, a good meal and we enjoyed the atmosphere. We had a late ressie (8 pm) and I really thought our service would be "lacking", but this was not the case. Our waitress was very attentive and quick. My DD had the ribs and she LOVED them......I had the beef (steak?) and it was ok - a little tough, but tasty. The sides were good and our drinks were refilled as fast as we finished them. So, we were VERY pleased with our experience. I would definitely return to SciFi again.

DisneyPrincess21
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Reviews are mixed but we are going to try it for the first time on our next trip in 2009. It seems like everyone is okay with the burgers but frown upon the other entrees. Are they really that bad because I saw they have prime rib on the menu and my wife will want the prime rib when she sees it. Also, most seem to prefer going there for lunch rather than dinner. What are your thoughts? My family went there for our first time last Christmas 2007 for lunch. We loved it. IMO the prices are not bad and the portions are very good. Plus you have to remember, though it might be more than you could pay if you order off a value meal at a fast food place, Here you are getting the atmosphere and dinning experience not just a quick meal. We all ordered the reuben sandwiches, Which were very good. And I could have shared mine and it would have been plenty. I also love the flavored cokes, they have cherry and vanilla.And You get unlimited refills for free. All the Disney table restaurant's we ate at, We always had trouble finishing our meals. So I don't think "small portions" are an issue. We have our adr's already set up for our next trip 12/16-12/22. We can't wait to eat at sci-fi again.

azcavalier
12-03-2008, 03:09 PM
We have eaten there a couple of times, but not lately, as we've been trying other places. But, for the most part, we have always had good service and good food. I should say that we have never had lunch there, always dinner. The first time, I order the steak (NY Strip?), and it wasn't bad at all.

Our only complaint would be that the movie reel has never changed, and since it repeats, you see the same stuff over and over again...it would be nice if they could splice together something else!

bouncyprouncy
12-09-2008, 12:48 PM
We generally get one order of the Coca-Cola ribs and a side of onion rings to split, and have been very happy with either lunch or dinner. Be sure to add a milk shake and skip the cola one meal, as these are top notch.

LandFan
12-09-2008, 02:18 PM
We were just there on 11/30. I have been there in the past and not been wowed by the food. This time the fries were awesome! THe burgers were very good. The reuben was good too. I would not spend money on the dinners though as many others have mentioned.

jszczur5
12-09-2008, 03:17 PM
After being most dissatisfied during our trip in '07, we left Sci Fi off of our list this summer.
Long story short, we ended up with extra TS credits, and booked Sci Fi for lunch. This year, it totally redeemed itself, and was one of our best meals. It was lunch, mind you, but it was fabulous.
Sci Fi: probably never again for dinner - but two big thumbs up for lunch.

Hull-onian
12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
We had a good server from NYC. He didn't mind waiting on Boston Red Sox fans. He was a lot of fun. Food was mediocore at best. Will think about going back there again.

Cheloconnell
12-11-2008, 04:13 PM
We just got back and had lunch there on 12/7. The spinach artichoke dip was really good. Very large portion as a appetizer. I had the cheeseburger with bacon which was very good. My husband had the reuben and liked it as well. For dessert I had the hot fudge sundae, which you cannot go wrong with. All in all a good meal. I don't think I would go crzy with steak or anything, but a good burger joint. :thumbsup:

stitchaholic
12-14-2008, 04:09 PM
definitly a place for a drive in meal,burgers,rings and milkshakes or vanilla coke,yum!

TinyDancer
12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Oooooo we eat here every trip!!! We love it, and I especially love the ribs! One time we waited a very long time to be seated (I think we even had ADRs, but if I recall we were early)..... However all in all its a great place in my opinion! :blush:

NJGIRL
12-15-2008, 11:36 AM
We have only gone at lunch time but have had many things on the menu and everything has been very good. IMO you don't have to stick with burgers only. I have had the pasta dish and it was very good.

buzznwoodysmom
12-15-2008, 02:08 PM
We eat here on almost every trip. It is a family favorite. As a matter of fact we skipped it on our last trip and DH has already told me that it is a must do on our next trip. We normally get the burgers, they are so good. Once DH and I tried something different and while it wasn't bad, we have decided to stick to the burgers. Oh, and we always do lunch, have never tried it for dinner. I think it is definitely worth a try at least once.

Jared
12-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Which meal you try likely doesn't matter, though lunch tends to receive better reviews. Keep the ordering simple and focus on the atmosphere, and you should be fine. The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater does not have particularly great food, but that's not what the restaurant is about. The fun is just being there, and if you stick with onion rings, burgers and milkshakes, you will have a blast.

:tasty:

IamBelle
12-15-2008, 05:16 PM
We generally get one order of the Coca-Cola ribs and a side of onion rings to split, and have been very happy with either lunch or dinner. Be sure to add a milk shake and skip the cola one meal, as these are top notch.

we do the same thing, but we have cola w/ the meal and a milkshake for dessert (i love the oreo milshake, yum!)

bretski99
12-15-2008, 10:38 PM
We've eaten there for lunch, and I agree that the food was less than adequate. I had a chicken caeser - not great. My son (12 at the time) liked the burger, but my DW forgot what she had. Which probably telling about how "great" the food was.

The shakes were really good, and we love the vibe of the restaurant. We are going there again when we go in July '09, but we will just order shakes. That way, we get to enjoy the restaurant but have to spend a ton of money on bland, ordinary food.