PDA

View Full Version : New Strollers @ parks

stephntampa
12-03-2008, 08:19 AM
This may have been discussed, but we were at Mk and DHS yesterday and I noticed they have new strollers. They were beige in color, and appeared smaller than the old blue ones.
Maybe that explains the insane rental fee increase?

Peterpanflight
12-03-2008, 09:15 AM
we just got back and i noticed that. I however do not rent the strollers i take my own. Easier for me with a 9 mo old. How much are they charging now?

MickeysEars
12-03-2008, 09:44 AM
$31 for a double!!! Does anyone know if the other parks have new ones as well? You know what? It doesn't matter. 20 something for a single and 30+ for a double is price gouging, plain and simple. I know there has been discussion about "why": new strollers, people renting them for older kids, too many in the parks...however, if that is really the case DON'T RENT SO MANY. The price increases are out of line. I usually seem to wear "rose colored glasses" when it comes to all things Disney, but this is one thing I can not wrap my head around! and I am aware that I do not HAVE to rent one, but if they really wanted to make money...make them affordable and maybe MORE people would rent them...like before. A 10 day visit would run us an additional $300 for a double...crazy!!! :twocents::soapbox:

Zone Stop
12-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Do what the Brits do: Buy one in FL, off property, and then leave it behind on your last day in the parks!
:secret:

Pixie Power
12-03-2008, 11:36 AM
$31 for a double!!! Does anyone know if the other parks have new ones as well? You know what? It doesn't matter. 20 something for a single and 30+ for a double is price gouging, plain and simple. I know there has been discussion about "why": new strollers, people renting them for older kids, too many in the parks...however, if that is really the case DON'T RENT SO MANY. The price increases are out of line. I usually seem to wear "rose colored glasses" when it comes to all things Disney, but this is one thing I can not wrap my head around! and I am aware that I do not HAVE to rent one, but if they really wanted to make money...make them affordable and maybe MORE people would rent them...like before. A 10 day visit would run us an additional $300 for a double...crazy!!! :twocents::soapbox:

Good post, I agree. :thumbsup:

Diz-Knee
12-03-2008, 03:34 PM
That is painfully expensive! Ouch. I am fortunate that I can bring my own since we drive down. I know you can bring one on the plane but traveling with them can be cumbersome - especially with two little ones and needing a double! They do sell the umbrella strollers in the parks and resorts - pricey but cheaper than renting by the day if you are there for several days.

tyandskyesmom
12-05-2008, 01:50 PM
I noticed that the old MK strollers are now at DHS. Otherwise, I did not notice any other changes.

Mickey91
12-09-2008, 10:59 AM
This may have been discussed, but we were at Mk and DHS yesterday and I noticed they have new strollers. They were beige in color, and appeared smaller than the old blue ones.
Maybe that explains the insane rental fee increase?
It does sound like the the New Disney though. Make it smaller and charge more!:mad:

teambricker04
12-09-2008, 04:25 PM
That cost makes me a bit sick to my stomach... I don't think I could ever pay it!!! Our trip last May we brought one stroller for DS#2 (was nearly 1yo) and got one of the umbrella strollers for DS#1 (3yo at the time). Now we are going in Jan and DS#1 will walk the entire time, even if we have to rest more. He never sits in one at home, I am certain he will be just fine with out one.

CU Tiger
12-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I am glad my DDs are at the age where we do not need the strollers any more:blush: with the smaller size and the higher prices of the new ones. We liked the old blue ones, because they were easy to maneuver and held a lot of stuff. I hate to hear they have gone up so much.:mickey: