PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, decisions, what to do?

Daisy712
12-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Help. We can't decide what to do go for comfort or a better resort.

We stay regularly at Pop Century (There are 4 of us) and decided this trip to stay at CBR in a pirate room using the January to June special offer. The last time we stayed at CBR was in 1989. We thought something different would be fun. We have a 13 yr old DD and a 15 yr old DS. We will be taking 2 blow up matresses so everyone has their own bed.

Tonight I checked to see what two rooms would cost at Pop and not bring the blow up matresses. It is a $95 difference more to get two rooms at Pop over 1 pirate room at CBR.

What would you do? Staying at a deluxe is out of the question. We always go on a budget so we can make many trips to WDW. Would you stay at Pop in 2 rooms or keep the ressie at CBR and bring the air matresses? Is CBR worth the lack of comfort?:confused:....

sassy2000
12-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I would opt for the 2 rooms @ Pop. CBR rooms are not much bigger and it may feel very cramped trying to put 2 air mattresses on the floor. Plus you'll have 2 bathrooms if you go with Pop (always a plus). The question is what is more important to you & your family, the pirate-themed room or more space to spread out?
:mickey:

illini
12-02-2008, 10:38 PM
I would do the two rooms at Pop. Two air mattresses on the floor of a mod does not sound pleasant to me at all. You'd be constantly fumbling around. Plus, the extra bathroom with teens would be very nice!

kemps@wdw
12-02-2008, 11:10 PM
2 rooms @ POP w/2 bathrooms!:thumbsup: Ask for "connecting" rooms if you want both room access.

yjgirl32
12-03-2008, 08:54 AM
I agree- I too would go with two rooms at pop. It would make things much easier- I would think. Good luck with your decision.

mouseketeer mom
12-03-2008, 10:20 AM
I would go for the two rooms at POP. With teens especially, the 2 bathrooms would up your comfort level big time!! With two air mattresses on the floor at the moderate, the room will be overrun and cramped. Doesn't sound comfy at all to me.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Another vote for two rooms at POP.

JWB3
12-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Having stayed at POR with one teen and an air mattress, and having been solo to Pop a few weeks back, I'd strongly recommend the 2 room option at Pop. I enjoyed my stay: grounds were really nice, rooms clean and very little wait for busses. You might also check for room discounts. Back in October Pop was $59/night.

Diz-Knee
12-03-2008, 03:21 PM
I agree with going for comfort and getting two rooms. You might also price a Cabin at Fort Wilderness - they accomodate 6 but have one bathroom but a second vanity in the bedroom. Also ASM has family suites.

badkitty
12-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I took a peek at the family suite and it is nice. I also like the cabins (private patios :thumbsup:) and I think they are priced similar to two rooms at the value.

tinkerbellybutton
12-03-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm another vote for 2 rooms at POP, I just think the extra bathroom alone is worth $95.00 :D

TinkerbellT421
12-04-2008, 09:20 AM
One more vote for the $95.00 difference to be able to have comfort, space, two rooms, and two bathrooms (always a plus with 4 people) @ POP! :mickey:

Daisy712
12-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I called Disney Travel last night and they aren't including the family suites in the Jan. to June pricing. I didn't check Fort Wilderness. I think we are going to go with the two rooms. Thanks, again.:rocks:

mom2morgan
12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
We're doing 4 people in one room at POR with 2 air mattresses. We thought about both options, but we really, really like POR much better and decided that we'll spend so little time in the room that it doesn't really matter if we're a bit cramped. Now I'm second guessing myself - oh well...too late now....

PinKy
12-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I would recommend staying at Pop Century - even if you're all going to be staying in the same room. But then, our family is not a huge fan of CBR. We stayed there in a preferred room 2 years ago and really wished we had stayed at Pop Century (again).

Choose Pop - its a really cute resort and you can't beat the price.

dteed
12-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I would go with the 2 rooms. Value to mod is not that much more room and you must add in the extra bath. I am not a huge fan of the mods as they seem so spread out with not much more room size over the values.