PDA

View Full Version : Getting back from AKL dinner

princessesmom
12-02-2008, 03:12 PM
We're planning to go directly from AK to Boma for dinner one night during our February trip. We are staying at FW in a cabin. What is the easiest way to get back? Our reservation is at 6:00, so I would guess we would be leaving between 7:30 and 8:00 to head back. Thanks!

Stickey
12-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Depending on MK hours that night, your best bet is to take the bus from AKL to MK, then on to FW. If you run late, you can connect through DTD instead of MK.

mudpuppysmom
12-02-2008, 03:36 PM
That's pretty much what I was thinking......go from AKL to the TTC and transfer there. If you really have a little extra time ride the monorail to MK then transfer there to a ferry (boat) to FW (I do believe you can do that too!).

illini
12-02-2008, 03:36 PM
That would be my plan, too. Since AK will be closed by that time (unless it's EMH, in which case that would work as well), MK will be easiest. If it's quite late, DTD will work but I think it's a massive hassle for a transfer.

princessesmom
12-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks! Going via MK sounds like a good plan.

christinelee10
12-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I have a similiar question............if we go from AK to Boma's, should we take our car or walk? If we leave our car at AK, does the parking close at a designated time or would we be able to return for our car?

Aggie97
12-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I have a similiar question............if we go from AK to Boma's, should we take our car or walk? If we leave our car at AK, does the parking close at a designated time or would we be able to return for our car?

You will want to take your car. See this post (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=146545) for more info. Have fun! :mickey:

christinelee10
12-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the info............I guess I just imagined there was a "walking path" between the two.

ElenitaB
12-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Actually, I'd take Stickey and Illilni's advice one step further. Check the February hours (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/parkhours.asp#February_Park_Hours) for whatever park is open the latest the night you are dining, and take the AK bus there. Good luck!

Hull-onian
12-11-2008, 03:21 PM
We took a taxi right outside the entrance of AKL. It was inexpensive, and worth it.:drive: