PDA

View Full Version : What is/will be new or updated when we go?

caryrae
12-02-2008, 01:59 PM
We leave for WDW Sept 25 2009 and by then it will have been 3 years since we have been there (last trip to WDW was Sept 2006). What will be all the new/updated attractions since we were last down there. I know a few things like HM and SE have been updated and A new Toy Story ride but what else is there?

Oh yeah and the updated boat ride in Mexico.

the other micki
12-02-2008, 04:11 PM
We were there in May 2006 and are going again this spring. One other new thing since we were there is the Finding Nemo Show in AK. Also, I'm hoping to do the new Kim Possible Interactive Game in Epcot's World Showcase (should start in Jan.), as well as eating at the T-Rex in DTD (opened in Oct.).

caryrae
12-02-2008, 04:14 PM
One that just popped in my mind, was there some new ride in, Epcot I think, where you ride in clam shell shaped vehicals?

illini
12-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm terrible at dates of things opening, but I think The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Monster, Inc Laugh Floor are both new since then as well.

I'm probably wrong!

illini
12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
One that just popped in my mind, was there some new ride in, Epcot I think, where you ride in clam shell shaped vehicals?

Hey, I think I'm right on one! That's The Seas with Nemo and Friends! Not terribly exciting, IMO, but cute nonetheless.

TinkerbellT421
12-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Geez, I cant remember all the updates since then. Probably Soarin' in Epcot would be knew to you. They updated Finding Nemo in Epcot. Also they now have Turtle Talk with Crush in Epcot. They have updated HM and SE. The new one is Toy Story Mania (Havent seen that yet). They have also updated Pirates of the Caribean since then (I think)....And now I am drawing a complete blank but I know theres more, just cant think of them anymore lol. Sorry wish I could be more help. OH YEA, the new Chronicles of Narnia will be of the new movie Prince Caspian, they now have the American Idol Experience....and again, drawing another blank.....:confused:

caryrae
12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
We have done the updated POTC, Soarin and Turtle Talk with Crush.
So, so far we have these new and/or updated attractions to see.

Updated

Spaceship Earth
Haunted Mansion
Boat ride in Mexico

New

Finding Nemo Show
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Monster, Inc Laugh Floor
Toy Story Mania
American Idol Experience

Resturants

T-Rex

Diz-Knee
12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
You mentioned restaurants - there is the new Wave restaurant at the Contemporary and also they have changed/updated the restaurant in Italy - can't think of the name though.

mcjaco
12-02-2008, 04:46 PM
The new film in Canada. LOL.

Innoventions has a ton of new stuff in it.

caryrae
12-02-2008, 04:47 PM
You mentioned restaurants - there is the new Wave restaurant at the Contemporary and also they have changed/updated the restaurant in Italy - can't think of the name though.

Yup those 2 are new to us too.

So, so far we have these new and/or updated attractions to see.

Updated

Spaceship Earth
Haunted Mansion
Boat ride in Mexico
Canada Film

New

Finding Nemo Show
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Monster, Inc Laugh Floor
Toy Story Mania
American Idol Experience
Innoventions
Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian

Resturants

T-Rex
The Wave
Tutto Italia Ristorante

mrmcgiv
12-02-2008, 06:41 PM
What and where is the american Idol Experience? THX

chrisb26
12-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Another restaurant is the Yak and Yeti in AK. Also by then the Hall of Presidents will be open again after the refurb.

What and where is the american Idol Experience? THX

The American Idol Experience isn't open yet but it does in January it is in DHS.

gerald72
12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
How quickly we forget Expedition Everest.

illini
12-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Pretty sure EE opened April 06. Don't ask me how I remember that, though!

chrisb26
12-03-2008, 02:40 PM
How quickly we forget Expedition Everest.

Pretty sure EE opened April 06. Don't ask me how I remember that, though!

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I was going to put that but she said Sept 06 and I know I rode EE in March 06 so figured she was able to ride that.

beksy
12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
We hadn't been since '96 so a lot what was new to us you have probably been on. When did Buzz open in the MK and Stitch? The Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Show was new for us too. Also there is now the new meet and greet areas that recently opened or are opening (the fairies, cars, etc.) if you are into characters. And who knows what will be in the old PI area by that time! Probably not much help but that's what I thought of that I didn't know about that hadn't been mentioned yet. :mickey:

pink
12-03-2008, 06:39 PM
This isn't a new ride or anything but Space Mountain has been rumored to be going under a 1 year refurbishment starting January of 2009. It's not confirmed yet but I just wanted to give you a heads up. :mickey: