PDA

View Full Version : Best place to rent a car?

caryrae
12-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Where is the best place to rent a car at Orlando airport? I usaually used L & M but they have no cars available. I see Alamo has a deal if you pre-pay, something like 10% off if you pre-pay. There is just a lot of choices and seems like every website has a different price even for the same rental company.

KylesMom
12-02-2008, 11:21 AM
We rent each trip from National - they are on-site at MCO, they have reasonable rates and they are hassle-free. Pickup and dropoff are always very easy for us. :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
I usually get the best rate from AVIS. I have a AVIS Wizard number and it gives me some pretty good deals. If no deals are to be had this way, then the next best one that I find is Alamo. I always rent from agencies that are on airport property. The savings that I get from off-site place is not nearly enough to compensate me for the hassles of getting on a bus at both ends of the rental experience, IMHO.

Another thing that I try to do is to reserve cars with different companies, then sign up for the last minute email deals that each company offers. Once the rate is relased then I apply the new rate code to my existing reservation and the price should change based on the new code.

jnfr2424
12-02-2008, 01:09 PM
I just rented from Alamo for the first time(I usually rent with Budget) and the service was great- I pre registered online and then I just went and got the car - the keys were in the door. Dropped the top and I was off!

caryrae
12-02-2008, 01:19 PM
So far Alamo is the cheapest, $236.77 if you pre-pay and $259.21 if you don't for an economy car. Our WDW vacation is Sept 25th - Oct 3rd 2009 so I have time. Is there an average price you guys think a rental car should cost?

mudpuppysmom
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Keep checking rates......as you get closer (like three months out). Rates for an econ car should really drop before you go (at least I would strongly think so).

I normally rent from National (the Emerald Aisle) and this time we're renting from Alamo b/c they had the cheapest rate (and it's the same car!!). For a minivan we're paying $219 for a week plus a day -- so that is pretty awesome!! And, it's an 8 pass minivan, not a 7 (we need a little extra room for a small butted 3yr old :D).

I started looking a few months ago and rates were all over the place, but mainly near $300, then they finally dropped!

We're going next week and last week was when I got the rate I have now, so it pays to keep watching! I still keep checking, but I highly doubt anything will drop now -- but you never know!