PDA

View Full Version : Our ADR's

We3
12-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I thought I would write about where we ate this time and what we thought of it. We showed up to all of our ADR's at least 15 minutes early (if not earlier) and were seated early every time.

First up was Tony's in the MK. I have read terrible reviews but Liberty Tavern didn't have anything so we went for it.

I am so glad that we did.

It is loud, it is made for "families" not a quiet dinner for 2. There are TV's that show the movie Lady and the Tramp continually. The food was amazing as was the service. Great start to the vacation.

Day 2, Hollywood and Vine. In a nutshell, it is a glamorized buffet that wasn't worth the money. DH loved the potato thingy majingys.

Day 3, Coral Reef. Oh my Lord. The atmosphere is amazing, of course, there is like this huge aquarium along one wall, hello! But the service was great, it is loud but I think it has more to do with the building and walls than the actual guests, it echoes in there. Great place to eat. Divine desserts.

Day 4, Cap N. Jacks. Not a fan. The reviews were correct on this one. The service was great, the food was hot, but there was a VERY limited selection, the place was really drafty and you kind of felt like you were at Mel's Diner on the water. Not my thing.

Day 5, Kona. I could write forever about this place. The food presentation is one of Disney's best. The atmosphere, all masks, tiki's etc. is amazing. The plants in the lobby are impressive. It is a little loud but again, I think it is due more to the open format for the plants in the lobby. Gets crowded, flow of traffic is not great but so totally worth it. Ate there 2 times last time and 1 time this time. Love it.

Day 6, Teppin Edo (spelling?) One of our family must do's from here on out. When I went in 1982 I believe I ate here or at a place in Japan like this. There were dancers that danced outside with white blouses and scarves, it was impressive. That being said, we went into this not knowing we would be seated with other families but that was fine. I hated to see them order and give the food to the kid not on the adult DP becuase he was on the kid DP but I am not the DP police. The cook was great, made an onion volcano that smoked, it was neat. We will go here every trip to DW, along with Kona.

Day 7, Biergarten. Again, we were unaware we would sit with another family or two but we are open to that. These 2 families were hysterical and made the experience even better! DD danced, sat at the edge of the floor, loved to toast people with her thumb, did a mean chicken dance and loved it. DH loved the food, he was impressed beyond belief. Would do it again!

Day 8, Boma. I was sick the day the fam went to Boma last time so this was my first time to AKL and to Boma. LOVED IT!!!! The food was great and I wasn't afraid to try anything there. The colors and aura of the place make you feel like you are somewhere else, it really transports you. Not as loud as I expected, that was a plus. Great to walk around AKL after.

Day 9, San Angell Inn. The food here was absolutely amazing. I mean unreal. Now that being said, you have to wait for it. You are seated promptly, but you have to wait for waitresses. For anything. Totally worth it though because the food was off of the charts.

For counter services we tried All Star Sports, whcih wasn't bad for counter service. More than one option for kids unlike OKW's counter service. We did Eddie's Catalina at MGM which was fantastic. We ate there late at night during EMH, the pizza was fresh and delish and the service was quick. Great iced tea. We ate at the ABC Commissary, not my thing. It was like a hospital cafeteria. Of course we ate at Artist's Pallette and although busy and loud at times with a line that has nowhere to naturally flow, I like the food there and the view. Yakety Yak in AK in Asia was one of my favorites because it was true Asian food and hot and spicy and good!!!!! Tangerine Cafe in Morocco was a great place to eat, Marakeesh is the best but if you can't do there do Tangerine Cafe. The flatbreads are to die for, the food is fresh, the tables are great and the location in the World is logistically great for character signings and for Illuminations.

That's our review. As you can see, we did counter service for breakfast sometimes, lunch other times. We used the snacks for breakfast at times and for a lunch, depending on when our ADR's were. All ADR's were in the evening except for Cona Reef. We ate between 5:40 and 7. Great times!

SBETigg
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Some of my favorites and some of my least favorites on your list. It's great to read new opinions.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm glad to see your reviews...we are leaving in 18 days and we will be eating at Biergarten, Kona, H&V, Boma and Tony's for the first time...

Ropachs
12-02-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm excited to hear you liked San Angel...I've always wanted to try it but was scared off by the reviews. I'll have to put it on the list for next time. Thanks for the reviews!

tinkerbell04
12-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Sounds like you had some great meals! Thanks for sharing your reviews with us.

the other micki
12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the reviews! Glad to hear a positive review for San Angel. Plan to eat there this spring.

pdrlkr
12-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the Review! :pluto:

Tbelle1976
12-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Great reviews! We will be doing some of these on our next trip, so I love to read the reviews on places that I'm a little hesitant about (mixed reviews in the past).