PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Disney. Any dining questions?

JRoberts1015
12-02-2008, 09:18 AM
We just returned home from a great week at Disney. Here are a few places where we dined:

Fulton's, Dinner

Chef Mickey's, Breakfast

Liberty Tree Tavern, Lunch and Dinner

Princess Storybook Breakfast, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

50's Prime Time Cafe, Lunch

Crystal Palace, Breakfast and Dinner

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe'

Restaurantosaurus

Liberty Inn

lighteningqueen
12-02-2008, 10:30 AM
How is the Akershus for Breakfast? We don't want some far off taste on our eggs etc. I thought it was a buffet but read it is brought to your table. Is the restaurantosaures the place that is decorated in 5 rooms differently like cave type? I read it one time and never have found it since if that is the one. I am not talking about T-Rex Glad you had a good time. We are doing
T-Rex
50's Prime:tasty:
Whispering Canyon:thumbsup:
Akershus Break:unsure:
Tusker Break:unsure:
Crystal Palace break:unsure:
1900 park Faire break:unsure:
Yak and Yeti:unsure:
O'Hana's:thumbsup:
These are all our TS

These are our CS
Earl of Sandwich
Backlot only becasue DHS is lacking in Counter
Flame Tree
Susnshine seasons
Pecos Bills
4 others somewhere

JRoberts1015
12-02-2008, 08:10 PM
It's the same menu as Cinderella's Royal Table plus more. Have done both, this was by far the better of the two restaurants. The food was better, service was better, the princesses were constantly walking around, You still get the free photo's with Belle. They bring you your eggs, bacon, sausage and potato's. Then you have a buffet full of danishes, fruit, and a bunch of other stuff. It even looks like a castle inside. We will do this every visit.

Tbelle1976
12-03-2008, 08:10 AM
So glad to hear the great review on Akershus breakfast. DD and I will be doing this (while DH and DS sleep in that morning!) and are really excited about it. We did choose this over CRT, but we are also thinking of ALSO doing CRT just to have the mommy/daughter experience together (along w/the afternoon tea at GF, but I was not too sure about that one).

yjgirl32
12-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Great that is one of the places we plan on hitting on our next trip. Thanks for the great review.

JRoberts1015
12-03-2008, 01:03 PM
By far this was one of the best places that we dined during the entire vacation. If you take the "Castle" factor out of it, this was by far a better value than CRT. The food, service and entire experience surpassed my expectations.

Also, I thought Liberty Tree Tavern was better at lunch than dinner. The pot roast, the gumbo and the baked cod was excellent.
Getting hungry just thinking about my next trip.

I hope this helps.

Simba's Mom
12-03-2008, 05:56 PM
At the Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner, how well attended was it? Did anyone happen to say why the characters are being discontinued in January or what the dinner menu will be at that time? I'm just curious because it really puzzles me about them discontinuing that dinner.

JRoberts1015
12-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Liberty Tree was booked solid for both meals the entire week we were there. Not sure why they are stopping the characters. Magic Kingdom desparately needs more table service restaurants.

JRoberts1015
12-14-2008, 09:53 AM
:mickey: