PDA

View Full Version : Opening the Magic Kingdom?

HereWeGO
12-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Hi all,

We're heading from the UK to Disneyworld in January for our birthdays :party: , and I would love to arrange for my WDW-crazy wife to open MK on her birthday.
Does anyone have any tips or info on how this can be arranged? I called and spoke to Disney, and their info didn't really add up (they said they pick a guest at random outside City Hall- but if the park isn't open, and the "opening show" is before we get to city hall, we obviously can't get there to be picked! :confused: )

Hope yous guys can help, as I don't reckon she'd have too many chances to open MK on her birthday...

Thanks!:fingers::coaster:

Bringonthemouse!
12-02-2008, 09:07 AM
From what I understand CM's do pick the families at random while they are lining up to enter the park. We arrived 50 min. before park opening one morning in hopes of being picked but no luck. The family had already been chosen. On that note, my advice would be to arrive at the gates super early. Good luck!
:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
12-02-2008, 10:03 AM
We're heading from the UK to Disneyworld in January for our birthdays :party: , and I would love to arrange for my WDW-crazy wife to open MK on her

1) Alas, lots of folks want special things for special events.
2) Unfortunately there are more special events that special things.
3) You just have to be lucky.
4) Line up early and be "peppy".
5) And, dress conservatively.

NOTE: If there are unique circumstances, such as Make-A-Wish, these can be prearranged.

Imagineer1981
12-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Good Luck!!!!

kemps@wdw
12-02-2008, 10:57 PM
We have been lucky enough to be chosen "Family of the Day" twice @ Epcot. My advice...get there early enough to be first @ the gate/rope and look for the person looking for a family. (@ Epcot they needed 3) She/he is not hard to spot. Someone walking up and down the line, officially dressed. (maybe carrying a clipboard or something) My DH can spot them and he approaches them! He ROCKS!:woohoo:

Diz-Knee
12-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Cool! I'm not typically an early bird and didn't know things like this exist and I've been going for years! I love Intercot! :thumbsup:

What is a "family of the day" at Epcot?

OctDisney
12-03-2008, 05:36 PM
You can always ask one of the senior CM's that work the turnsiles.

I did that for my oldest son, and the CM took one look at him, went to the manager and we were told to come back a few days later.

One of the most magical moments ever.