PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown CP Review

DDuck66
12-01-2008, 02:57 PM
We ate at the Rose and Crown for the Candlelight Dinner package on Saturday November 29th. We arrived at 3:40 and our reservations were for 4:10. We checked in early and only waited about 15 minutes before we were seated. The weather was wonderful and we had a nice seat on the outside of the building. We were on the higher tier (not right next to the water) of which I was very glad because of the numerous and loud seagulls. They never fully approached the diners but were as close as the outside rail.
We ordered our meals and we each had an appetizer, an entree and a dessert. We both had the mixed green salad with the bacon vinegrette. It was really good. The dressing was lite and did not overpower the greens. We each decided to have the Fish n Chips for our entrees. The fish was very hot and done perfectly. The breading was crispy and the fish was lite and flaky. Since we are both on the total sugar free diet, we asked if they could get us anything else for dessert. No problem!!! We split a fresh fruit salad that was really nice and refreshing. Our server, Ciara, was very attentive and spent plenty of quality time with us and also kept our glasses full. I could listen to her talk all day long!!! All in all it was very nice and a good change from our usual meal at the Garden Grill. With tip, the meal was $113. A little high, but we did end up being one of the first groups into the CP for the 6:45 show.

SBETigg
12-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Sounds delicious! Thanks for the review.

Dawneeeey
12-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Rose & Crown is one of my absolute favorites!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience!!

:mickey:

minniefan
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Since you were at the early showing, I am assuming your dinner should have been $37.99 plus tax and tip. I am trying to calculate how it got to $113 for 2 people, even with a generous tip.

Did they charge you more for the fruit salad even though you didn't get the 2 desserts?

Our reservation is on the 11th and I'm just trying to figure out what they are going to hit us up for on top of the $44.99 plus tax and tip. Neither one of us can even eat an appetizer plus entree plus dessert so we're already going to have more food than we need.

Jared
12-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the review. I have always wanted to try the fish and chips but have little desire to eat at the table service restaurant. I'll have to find time to stop by the counter service location next trip.

Hammer
12-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Since you were at the early showing, I am assuming your dinner should have been $37.99 plus tax and tip. I am trying to calculate how it got to $113 for 2 people, even with a generous tip.

Did they charge you more for the fruit salad even though you didn't get the 2 desserts?

Our reservation is on the 11th and I'm just trying to figure out what they are going to hit us up for on top of the $44.99 plus tax and tip. Neither one of us can even eat an appetizer plus entree plus dessert so we're already going to have more food than we need.

Their package was for the second show, so the price per person was $44.99, not $37.99. $37.99 is the lunch seating price for the 5:00 show. Adding tax and a tip of about 20% onto $89.98, and you get $113.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the review

DDuck66
12-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Their package was for the second show, so the price per person was $44.99, not $37.99. $37.99 is the lunch seating price for the 5:00 show. Adding tax and a tip of about 20% onto $89.98, and you get $113.

The above is correct. At least we got to be one of the first people into the show, so I guess it was worth it. They made a mistake in the line arrangements so about 6 of us got to go in before they even let in the handicapped seating.

pdrlkr
12-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the Review! :pluto: