PDA

View Full Version : iPod Question

Jeri Lynn
12-01-2008, 02:56 PM
My son wants an ipod for Christmas. I am seeing ones that say 1st generation and 2nd generation...

Can anyone explain to me the difference?

I'm an ipod dummy....:blush:

Jeff
12-01-2008, 04:00 PM
1st generation were the first ones made of that style.

Currently the Nano's are on 4th generation and the "Classic" ipod's are on on 6th generation. I'm not sure about the shuffels and touch are on 2nd generation ( I think).

The nano's seem to be very popular with the kids in High School. The touch is cool but costs more and holds fewer songs.

The classics have the most memory for the money.

Jeri
12-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I didn't know alot either. I will tell you that if you order off the Apple web site they will engrave it for free and free shipping. They also ship out in 24 hrs.
I ordered on last night and it is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

My 5 yr old is getting a I Pod Shuffle from Santa. He loves music, and not the kind most 5yr old do.

kakn7294
12-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Mine is an iPod Nano 3rd generation - it's a small, squarish deal and holds 4 GB of music, video, photo, or gaming content. The higher GB number means that it holds more content and the higher generation number means that it's a newer version. The Shuffle does not have a video screen and holds music only. I'm not real up on the rest of them as I never had the opportunity to research them (like I do everything else! :blush:) because mine was given to me. I do have to say that I really like it though.

NotaGeek
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
iPod touch is probably what he wants ... they are the newest and they have plenty of space for music and some movies ... they also have internet, which can be cool, but keep that in mind if internet use matters. The new color ipod nano would be my 2nd choice as the cool gift (and less expensive option), and I have asked Santa to bring my one to add to my iPod collection! :mickey:

sportsguy2315
12-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I have a 4th generation 7GB iPod nano. You'd actually be surprised at how much these things hold! :) I have just over 700 songs, a few Office episodes, Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" and Iron Man....with still plenty of room left!

RBrooksC
12-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I love my iPod Classic. It is 80 GB and holds a lot of ****.

I have several movies (used DVD Shrink to use less space) over 1100 songs, over 700 podcasts, including video podcasts, and I have just started getting my audiobooks on there.

I would think for a child a Nano would be the best for them and most cost effective. For an adult, I wouldn't get anything but a Classic.

Vintage Disney
12-03-2008, 04:44 PM
I LOVE my ipods! I have a nano, classic, and a touch.

I use the nano for working out at the gym, the classic has all my music and podcasts, and the touch has tv shows, movies, and video podcasts. I use the ipod touch when I travel -much easier to carry than a dvd player.

I also suggest buying a nano for your son. The nano is less expensive so it wouldn't be such a huge loss if it is lost or broken.

By the way, there are quite a few WDW related podcasts and video podcasts. A good way to get your Disney fix :mickey:

QTPie68
12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
The new Nano's look really nice, especially now that you can tilt them and watch them horizontally, personally, I would go with one of those. I have the two version back Nano (same size) and I LOVE mine, easy to use and lighter than the classic.

Just got an I-phone and I still prefer to listen to my music on my Nano :blush:.