PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Weekend- 2008 Offsite Part I

DDuck66
12-01-2008, 10:17 AM
We arrived at our motel on Friday afternoon at about 2:30 PM and checked in wirh no problems. We were staying at the Holiday Inn Sunspree about 2 miles from DTD. Everyone was really nice, pleasent and helpful. The motel was clean and nice for the most part. We were at hte MK by 4:00 PM. Parking was not a problem and there was still plenty left. We got to ride HM, Philharmagic, and spent most of the afternoon shopping. We got to see the lighting of the castle and the icecicle lights were Fantastic!!
Dinner was LTT, and it was excellent as always. I was really glad to be able to eat with the characters one last time. Got some nice pics and then we went an watched Spectromagic from right outside the LTT. Great view as it was not as crowded as I had feared. We got to catch wishes behind the castle as we headed up to Toontown to check out the lines for Tinkerbell...alas it was about an hour wait so we headed back to the motel. Saturday was coming soon and we we planned on hitting DTD and Epcot.

SBETigg
12-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Fun day! My sister just got back and has been raving about the beauty of the icicle lights on the castle. Thanks for sharing.

mouseketeer mom
12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
The lighting of the castle is so beautiful, glad you got to see it! Thanks for the report!

laward32
12-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Sounded like a fun first day. I hope they do the castle lights next year so I can see them.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
12-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Sounds like a great first day. Thanks for sharing! We are looking forward to seeing the castle all lit up!

pdrlkr
12-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: