PDA

View Full Version : More reviews: Brown Derby, Cape May breakfast , Le Cellier

Baloo Da Man!
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
... as I was saying ...

Brown Derby (fantasmic package): Another hit, albeit an expensive one. The grouper dish was outstanding. I think because I live at the beach, I can be a bit snobby with my seafood, but this was fresh and very well prepared. DW liked the Salmon too. Pistachio cheesecake topped it off nicely. 4 and a half stars.

Cape May Character Breakfast. Belly buster. I love breakfast. DW doesn’t eat until 3:00 p.m. each day. That and our extreme commando park opening strategy meant I only got one sit down breakfast all week – but what a great place in which to do it. Minnie, Goofy and Donald stopped by while the kids and I made multiple trips to the buffet. A bit pricey, but it was delicious as always. 4 stars.

Le Cellier: We were on a roll. Service was outstanding (don’t know where the bad rap came from). Cheddar cheese soup was delicious (and good for dipping pretzel bread). DW and I had a decent syrah with our medium rare filets and DS12, who is small for his age, amazed the waiter by polishing off the 14 oz NY strip with ease. Growth spurt anyone? Crème brulee finished a great meal off nicely. Best dinner experience I have had at WDW (Disclaimer: I have not yet eaten at California Grille, Victoria & Alberts, Boma or Bistro de Paris. Still, there are some even better restaurants at DL like Napa Rose & Catal) 5 stars.

... but wait, there's more ...

ElenitaB
11-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Glad to see the four to five star ratings.

Guess we all need to check out DLR one of these days too, huh?

SBETigg
11-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I enjoy Brown Derby and Le Cellier. Though Le Cellier doesn't rate as high with me, it's a good experience worth repeating. Haven't tried Cape May, but thanks for the review! Breakfast sounds good.

KatMark
11-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Glad you were so happy with LeCellier--our absolute favorite (we've always had excellent food and even better service). Brown Derby was a so-so for us and deifnitely not worth the prices they charge. I'm sorry you only got one sit down breakfast. I don't normally eat breakfast at home, but I love to eat breakfast on vacation and we usually do at least three sit down breakfasts.

goofy for pluto
11-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Glad you were so happy with LeCellier--our absolute favorite

Ours too!! :thumbsup:
Great Report!

Tbelle1976
12-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the great reviews!
We have our ADR's for the Cape May breakfast and Le Cellier dinner and we are very much looking forward to it.

tinkerbell04
12-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the reviews! :)

mouseketeer mom
12-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Great reviews!!!:)

betteratmk
12-02-2008, 08:02 AM
:mickey:Just wondering if you were glad not to have done the dining plan? ( and why!)

Mickey'sGirl
12-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Great reviews. The Brown Derby is one of our favourites, and we love the breakfast at Cape May. Thanks for sharing your impressions.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Mmmm....you made me hungry with your descriptions

Baloo Da Man!
12-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Just wondering if you were glad not to have done the dining plan? ( and why!)

After agonizing over the decision: to DDP or not to DDP, it came down to this. My DD10 eats less than most birds and she would have been charged as an adult. Plus, we only really eat one meal a day. The last time we did DP, we had several counter service meals left over. We snack on poptarts in the room at the crack of dawn the eat granola bars, peanuts, etc. around noon to make it until dinner, which we usually eat on the early side. This freed us up to order anything we wanted on the dinner menu without worrying about it. I think I saved about $150 from what I would have paid on the DDP on an 8 night stay. It is a rough calculation, of course.

pdrlkr
12-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the Review! :pluto:

yjgirl32
12-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks for sharing your reviews. I am so hoping to get a reservation for Le Cellier for our trip in Sept.