PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do?

Magic Smiles
11-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Thinking ahead to our next vacation.
DH is wanting to go back to DisneyWorld. I want to go to either Disneyland or Disney Paris. This way we can see either California or France and maybe part of Europe.
Will I be disappointed? What would you do? We have never seen neither California nor Europe. Looking at maybe March break (California) or early summer (Europe).

gerald72
11-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Why not Tokyo?

Melanie
12-01-2008, 06:08 AM
Why not Tokyo?

I concur! :yes:

Ian
12-01-2008, 06:44 AM
No contest for me. I'd go to Disneyland.

Magic Smiles
12-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Why not Tokyo?

No interest in going to Tokyo.

cer
12-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't have much of an opinion on this and I know you are not interested in Tokyo... but I have heard GREAT things about Disney Sea in Tokyo.

Would love to see it, although I don't know how or when that is ever going to happen....:(

Good luck on this one!

Any rumors about Disney Sea coming to the States? Anyone?

Aggie97
12-04-2008, 01:37 PM
We liked Disneyland more than Disneyland Paris for its magic, theming and unique attractions.

Under normal circumstances, I definitely would pick Disneyland for a "Disney" vacation. However, I believe DCA is being extensively renovated and re-themed over the next few years, so it might be worth waiting until that work is substantially complete to visit Disneyland.

Because of that and your desire to visit Europe for the first time, DLP could be a better option. We stayed at one of the DLP resorts for a few nights as part of a more extensive vacation in Europe. There is a train station on-site, so transportation from Paris is easy. While visiting DLP was not the same as a WDW vacation, we had a wonderful time.

There are so many amazing places to visit in Europe! As long as your DH will be okay with a less "Disney" vacation, I personally would go with Europe and DLP in 2009 and save DL for 2012-2013.

Whatever you decide, have a great time! :mickey:

Magic Smiles
12-08-2008, 06:34 AM
We liked Disneyland more than Disneyland Paris for its magic, theming and unique attractions.

Under normal circumstances, I definitely would pick Disneyland for a "Disney" vacation. However, I believe DCA is being extensively renovated and re-themed over the next few years, so it might be worth waiting until that work is substantially complete to visit Disneyland.

Because of that and your desire to visit Europe for the first time, DLP could be a better option. We stayed at one of the DLP resorts for a few nights as part of a more extensive vacation in Europe. There is a train station on-site, so transportation from Paris is easy. While visiting DLP was not the same as a WDW vacation, we had a wonderful time.

There are so many amazing places to visit in Europe! As long as your DH will be okay with a less "Disney" vacation, I personally would go with Europe and DLP in 2009 and save DL for 2012-2013.

Whatever you decide, have a great time! :mickey:

Thanks for the info. Never thought of checking the Rehab schedule. Great point.

Magic Smiles
12-09-2008, 09:29 PM
One day of cold weather and DH is sending me emails from work with photos of WDW food titled "I'm Ready To Go Back". Now add of day of snow - lots of it. You can just imagine!:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
We just did Disneyland last summer and enjoyed every minute there. But our two boys (10 and 4) are complaining that even though we did Disneyland they feel that they missed out on a Disney World vacation.:D

Ian
12-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Good point about the renovations at DCA. Might be smart to hold off until that's done.

Personally, I'd do Tokyo if I could go anywhere, but since that wasn't on your list I guess I'd say Paris.

Although I suspect you'll be disappointed. I don't know too many people who are huge fans of DLP.

Magic Smiles
12-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Okay, the other day I am in the bathroom washing up and look down into my sink.......what do I see but a PERFECT MICKEY head :mickey:. Two bubbles had formed in perfect spots to create Mickey's ear on the sink drain. DH says that it is a sign and that we have to go back to WDW!

artyboy
12-14-2008, 03:27 PM
We really loved Disneyland Paris...but I will tell you...it's not a "Disney" vacation...but you really should see it...and the Louvre...and Versailles...

...you get the idea...we adore France. So will you.

teambricker04
12-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Our goal as a family is to hit every single DIsney park in the world! My top pick is Tokyo, but I would love Paris just as much.

I think that if you are going to either, that you must remember that they are NOTHING like WDW. You will get so much more of the areas and local culture than in FL.

We did DL a few years ago at Christmas and it was a blast. The weather was great. We saw a few other things as well like the Aquarium of the Pacific which was FABULOUS. If you are going to do CA, check at Costco for a pack of tix... they have a 3day hopper, plus the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and something else for a little over 200 bucks. You really wouldn't need more than 3 days at DL... everything is in miniature!

Paris... think of all the other things you could do as well!!! Fun.