PDA

View Full Version : Law Exams--pixie dust please!

beksy
11-30-2008, 03:36 PM
On Tuesday I have my first law school exam and then have the second on Friday and the other two on Tuesday and Friday next week. I'm studying and studying and hope I'm prepared but could really use all the pixie dust I can get! :scared: :surf: Please send some my way! Any advice from past law school students would be great too! Thanks! :paranoid::faint:

SBETigg
11-30-2008, 03:50 PM
:pixie: :pixie:

Best wishes that you do really well!

Strmchsr
11-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Lots of :pixie: and best wishes for you!

Beast_fanatic
11-30-2008, 04:54 PM
:pixie:

BW Fan
11-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Best Wishes:thumbsup::mickey:

VWL Mom
11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
:wishes: and lots of :pixie:

RedSoxFan
11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

TinkerbellT421
11-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Sorry I have no advice what so ever on law school or the like (I work in Fire Alarm lol)...But I had to stop in and wish you luck and send some pixie dust your way! I am sure you will do just fine! Be sure to keep us posted on how you do! :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

beksy
12-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks for all the pixie dust and good wishes...you guys are the best! I had to get on and check on May hours which still aren't available so now I can study Civil Procedure for tomorrow. I think just the thought that I have 9 hours to complete it is kind of freaking me out!

J9
12-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Good luck with your exams! Don't study too hard!!

One of my 1L professors told my section: "Law students with As become poor professors, those with Bs become judges, and those with Cs become millionaires."

A grade is just a grade! It doesn't matter where you rank in your class - everyone gets to be an "esquire" in the end!!! :-D

beksy
12-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes and pixie dust. I'm half-way done (unfortunately the hardest one is the last one!) I have another one tomorrow in Contracts that I'm a little nervous about since the mid-term didn't go that great but he is pretty clear about his expectations. So far they haven't been as difficult was I was expecting and I've felt like I've known the stuff for the most part which means I'm either doing ok or I have no idea what I'm doing! I'm hoping it means I'm doing ok! Tomorrow's exam is 6 hours, 45 minutes starting at 11 so if anyone thinks of it and wants to send up some well wishes about that time it would be appreciated! :fingers: :medic:

mrsgaribaldi
12-11-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm late but I hope they all went well :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

beksy
12-11-2008, 07:58 PM
I have 1 more...so you're just in time! Thanks!:mickey:

pianobabe
12-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I hope it all goes well for you. Relax and go to bed early.:pixie::pixie:

pink
12-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Good luck on your exams! I know a fraction of what you're feeling right now. I'm going through finals right now too but I can understand how much more challenging yours must be. I just learned a tip the other day for studying for finals. If you're studying for more than one test on one day you're most likely to remember the first information you study and the last but you will most likely forget what you learned in the middle. I don't know if that's any help for you but good luck!:mickey:

drummerboy
12-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Sorry to check in late. Hope they all went well for you. It's been 27 years since I took the first semester 1L exams (we didn't have any mid-terms, just a final) but I still remember it well.

Advance tip for when you get to the bar exam--put away the books a day or two before the exams and relax; get your mind off of anything law related and go to the beach or the mountains or somewhere tranquil for a bit.

beksy
12-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks for all the pixie dust and advice! I finished up yesterday and am now trying not to worry about how I did until I get the grades back. I can finally just focus on Christmas and relax until January! I'm sure I'll be asking for more luck and advice in April but for now THANK YOU!!! and have a Merry Christmas!!!