PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have their Christmas tree up yet?

TikiGoddess
11-29-2008, 01:06 PM
This is the first year that we have our Christmas tree up in November! My DH went and cut it down at the tree farm today, and now it is waiting to be decorated in my living room. We usually put ours up around the second week of December but this year December is insanely busy with concerts, school projects, dance classes, etc.

I know my aunt and uncle always had their Christmas tree up ON Thanksgiving when I was little... and there's a lady in our neighborhood who puts up her Christmas tree(s) by Halloween! Anyone else put up their decorations yet?

Kathy

vizsla
11-29-2008, 02:02 PM
DW, DD and I put up our X-mas tree yesterday. It's a tradition for us to put it up on Black Friday because we won't go out and fight the crowds shopping. Our tree is decorated strickly Disney as well as all our decorations we put up outside today.

Mousefever
11-29-2008, 02:28 PM
We're putting up decorations today! Christmas music is playing in the background, hubby is slightly short tempered, and Jacob is bouncing around from decorating his personal tree and our Christmas tree. Ah...Christmas.

Amy

Wrigley
11-29-2008, 02:46 PM
We put ours up yesterday. We always go and cut ours at the tree farm on the day after Thanksgiving. I just love this time of year! Now I can't wait to do all of that Christmas baking!:tree::deer::santa3::stock::gift:

amd780
11-29-2008, 03:03 PM
DH and I put all of our decorations up yesterday - it's our tradition to put them up on Thanksgiving weekend. This year is our first with a pre-lit tree (we love it!). Of course, my Mickey & Minnie ornament is prominently displayed! :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
11-29-2008, 03:28 PM
I actually put mine up last weekend, but I haven't decorated it yet. We have an artificial tree, so it's not going to dry out or anything. I mainly put it up last weekend as it's a new pre-lit tree, and I wanted to be sure it worked before I lost the receipt. :blush:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-29-2008, 03:38 PM
We had it up two weeks ago:blush:

chrisb26
11-29-2008, 03:41 PM
We put two trees up every year one in our living room and one in our basement. We have the one in the basement up already I did that Wednesday so it was up for Thanksgiving it is a Mickey Tree! :mickey:

Ian
11-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Ours has been up for about a week now. We have all our exterior lights and decorations up, too.

We needed to get it done early, since we're in WDW for the first week in December and didn't want to let it wait until we got home.

RedSoxFan
11-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Not yet. Maybe tomorrow. The decorations and lights outside are done, though. Busy weekend with the boys home from college for the Thanksgiving break.

DisneyFreak23
11-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Tradition states that the tree must be up, as well as decorations on Black Friday :santa3:

Out tree always has 80% disney at least
:blush:

hokies4life
11-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Our tree's been up for 2 weeks as well.:blush:

Actually it initially went up the week before Halloween when we bought it to make sure it worked and that it would fit in the space we wanted it to. We took it down before the Trick-or-Treaters came, But we got it all decorated and everything 2 weeks ago and it looks gorgeous, if I do say so myself.

We aren't doing outside decorations this year since its our first year in a house that doesn't belong to our parents, so we want to wait and see what the rest of the neighborhood does before put up anything outside. We live in a predominantly Jewish area (or so we've been told) so we wanted to wait and see how many people put up outside decorations before doing any ourselves.

It's starting to feel more like the Holiday season now that I went out for my First Black Friday shopping trip!

:chipdale:

PirateLover
11-30-2008, 12:32 AM
We usually buy a live tree from a sale that happens the first weekend in December, so it would be impossible for us to have it up yet. We usually keep it in water with a fresh cut, and put it up the next week or two. We leave in up in tact until Little Christmas on Jan. 6th. We've found that if we open it up too early it will dry out and won't make it until little christmas. I can't wait to start decorating it, though!

ibrowse17
11-30-2008, 09:31 AM
The Sunday after Thanksgiving, which is today, is our day for putting up the tree:thumbsup:

Carol
11-30-2008, 11:10 AM
We put up a real tree. We'll get it this weekend and wait until the following weekend to put it up. I like to keep it up until the weekend after New Years. Hence the wait to bring it inside. :tree:

Disney Doll
11-30-2008, 12:40 PM
We always decorate Thanksgiving weekend. The inside decor is done and we are planning to tackle the outdoor lights this afternoon.

MNNHFLTX
11-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Our tree won't go up until next weekend and will stay up until New Years (or the weekend after New Years, as is the case this year).

Cheloconnell
11-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Our tree is always up by Black Friday. This year we started the weekend before Thanksgiving and are piece mealing our decorations. Christmas time is my favorite and I just love being surrounded by beautiful glistening lights. Everything seems magical during the month prior, except when you go out to the malls, but I do my shopping early to avoid the craziness if I can.
:santa3::deer::santa::tree::snowman:

thrillme
11-30-2008, 05:17 PM
I usually start mine Thanksgiving day and it's up by Black Friday. This year however we went to South Dakota and we just got back today. I enjoyed the trip tremendously but I HATE the drive. I've discovered that I have a 12 hour max when it comes to drive time.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get it started. It usually takes a couple of days.

dolphinmickey9170
11-30-2008, 05:37 PM
At half-time, we are getting the tree out and putting it up at the end of the game!!

GO PATS!!

disneydeb
11-30-2008, 11:17 PM
One is up and we have one more to go before we are through decorating.

:D oh what fun it is to ride...

Dragongirlx
12-01-2008, 04:04 AM
My sister won't let me put ours up till it is actually december so it's going up tonight.

:deer::santa3::tree:

princessjojo
12-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Ours has been up for about 2wks now, but not really decorated. We bought a pre-lit tree this year, so I had to make sure it fit & if not, where I had to arrange furniture to make it fit. There was no real reason to put it away for a short time just to get it out again, so it's there. DH has been sick all weekend & I can't get the decorations out so I have to wait to get them out, but at least I have my tree...

Has anyone else noticed that as you drive around the evening of Thanksgiving and early on Black Friday it looks like the Christmas Decoration Fairy came out everywhere... There are so many homes with tons of decorations done, everywhere...

TinkerbellT421
12-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I had a very long, long weekend....Thursday, went to the DBF familys for Turkey Day Dinner, Friday woke up early for an eventful day of Black Friday, came home on Black Friday around 7ish, stayed up till midnight playing Monopoly with DBF and his son, and then woke up early on Saturday went to the bank, went to TMobile to get my mom a phone for christmas, and then came home and decorated till 1am and finished ALL my christmas decorating. Yesterday was my relax day to drink wine and watch football....and now Im at work :(:mad:

Marceline
12-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Ours has been up since last Monday. It is a strictly Disney tree of course, mostly Pooh and Mickey. It is completed with a mini-monorail encircling the base...."please stay clear of the doors." :mickey:

I wanted to get it up before we leave for the World.....TODAY!:santa3:

pixiegoose
12-01-2008, 10:21 AM
We've had our tree (artificial) up for about 2 weeks now. I've done most of the other decorating around the apartment as well. We still need to put the lighted garland and snowflake lights out on the balcony and put out our Dept. 56 Dicken's Village setup.

I love Christmas! :tree: It's my favorite holiday! :santa: :santa3:

SurferStitch
12-01-2008, 01:14 PM
We put our 9.5' tree up yesterday (broke down last year and bought a fake because we were in WDW from 12/6-12/18, and had no time to get a real one). It's a frasier fur, and I really like it.

I also bought a 6.5' tree and had that up about 2 weeks now.

Both trees are almost entirely Disney (except for some nice glitzy glass balls to add more color).

peter's #1 fan
12-01-2008, 03:03 PM
we did our outside decorations on thanksgiving and did our tree on saturday

coloradowendyl
12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
We travelled for Thanksgiving so tree will be going up this coming Saturday. The Christmas village is completely done, and due to "urban sprawl" aka me buying more pieces, we have now gone to a 3 tiered village complete with the lit trees and a grocery store. I have been informed that we can be completely happy with a Christmas Village and it is not necessary to expand into a city with a zipcode lol!

Rest of interior is decorated and there is a debate going on about outside lights this year and being "green" by not doing outside decorating!

Wendy

NewmanFamily6
12-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Ours went up the day after Thanksgiving! Christmas is my favorite time of the year:mickey:

Stich8818
12-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Ditto for mine being up the day after Turkey Day...The Disney stuff is slowly creeping in more and more...I gotta buy things here and here..I am trying to make my own Mickey head wreath though, I will try and post a pic when I get done with it.

Stitchahula
12-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Waiting for DH to go get a tree. I want to go cut our own like we usually do but he's working so much I don't know if he'll want to.:tree:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-07-2008, 12:22 AM
I got mine Saturday, and have it in the stand with lights on it. I'll finish it Sunday. I started putting up the outside decorations Saturday too. Hopefully I finish that Sunday also.

RedSoxFan
12-07-2008, 08:02 AM
My tree is finally up and decorated. DD12 and I finished it on Wednesday. Now to start wrapping!!

mouseketeer mom
12-07-2008, 09:31 AM
We usually get our tree the first weekend in December, but this year we did it the weekend after Thanksgiving. Same thing as you Tiki Goddess, December is just really busy for us, and we couldn't come up with another weekend for doing it. So its cut from the farm, and up a week already! Our outside is done too! Its a nice feeling having everything done this early!

PirateLover
12-07-2008, 12:45 PM
It went up yesterday! It needs time to fall, then we'll start decorating!

Jasper
12-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Our outside decorating consists primarily of lights so we put those up any time in November when we have the time and help. This year that happened on November 9. Then on the Friday after Thanksgiving we finally put up the trees on the front porch and all the other outside decorations on the porch.

We live in a log home and have a very deep front porch that stretches across the entire front of the house. This means we can really do a lot of neat decorations outside because they are protected from all of the elements other than wind.

As for the Christmas tree inside the house, our living room ceiling rises from normal ceiling height of about 8 feet on one side of the room to about 20 feet on the other side of the room where it forms the peak at the center of the house.

Finding a real tree each year that is 15 to 18 feet tall is a real chore. Plus, when you get a real tree which is that tall it usually covers a tremendous amount of floor space. Because of those issues we broke down and purchased an artificial one tree a year or two after moving into the house. You don't even want to know what a tree that size set us back. Needless to say we are going to use this one as long as we can!

Anyway, with all my back problems and the need to get on a ladder to decorate such a tall tree we have to wait for help to get it done. We finally had all three of our kids home this weekend so we got the tree up last weekend and decorated last night (Saturday, December 6.) Since we are going to WDW the first week of January we plan on taking the tree down either the weekend of December 26 or waiting until the middle of January to take it down. Knowing my wife's issues with cleaning things up I suspect it will happen in December!

elmjimmlm
12-07-2008, 02:46 PM
We just finished it today...I am having a hard time getting into it this year because we leave 2days after for WDW...Santas countdown isn't as exciting as our Disney countdown...19 days and counting...:cloud9:

Dixie Springs
12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Ours went up yesterday, with its hefty load of Hallmark, Disney, and home-made ornaments....

PirateLover
12-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I think it might be nice for everyone to post pictures of their completed trees! I just love seeing how people decorate their trees. :tree::ornament:

IloveDisney71
12-07-2008, 06:55 PM
I just finished putting my tree up about an hour ago. I usually have it up the week-end after Thanksgiving but I just haven't been in the mood to haul it out and set it up. I put on all of my Disney ornaments and now I'm taking a break before I put on the rest of my ornaments. I think I'm going to down-size to a smaller tree next year. My two DD's are out of high school and are busy with college so my helpers aren't here to help any more.

kakn7294
12-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I was thinking it would go up last weekend - but it didn't happen. I was thinking it would go up yesterday but again, it didn't happen. I'm sitting here thinking I should put it up tonight - but it won't get decorated. I might have it up by Christmas...

pixiesmimi
12-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Finally, finally, finally got the tree up yesterday! :santa3: It isn't decorated yet though. It is prelit and pretty just the way it is but I'm afraid the DGKs won't let it stay that way. One DGD asked last night why we don't have an angel on it. :) Guess I'll have to drag out the ornaments tomorrow and finish it. Had to rearrange a lot of furniture to get it in. I'm so behind because we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and I keep thinking I don't have time or energy to decorate but I guess it is a must do. I probably will not get to the outside decorations this year. In years past (many years past) I was so into Christmas that we had every inch decorated with a huge village set up. The older I get, the less the decorations get and the village is sitting in a storage room. I'm hoping after all this renovation, I can get back to really concentrating on Christmas and doing the whole house again. I think not having kids here any more except for a few days at Christmas is one of the reasons I don't get excited about it any more.

I want so much to buy a Mickey wreath for the door and some of the Mickey outdoor decorations but I think DH and my DSIL would have something to say about it. They already think I have too much :mickey: around. :D I may just have to surprise them. :)

LauraleeH
12-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Our tree went up November 5th. Very early this year. It still doesn't seem like Christmas to me...don't know why :(

Mickey91
12-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Since we are going to WDW the first week of January we plan on taking the tree down either the weekend of December 26 or waiting until the middle of January to take it down. Knowing my wife's issues with cleaning things up I suspect it will happen in December!

Wait until late January!! You wouldn't believe what a mood lifter that beautiful tree is in the dead of winter! Ours won't come down until around Valentines day!!:blush:

We put up our artificial in the living room on Nov 1:tree:. We then put up DH's dad's tree :tree:(he passed away last Oct) in our bedroom. We then found a little 6ft tree we used in our Sunday School room and put it in the kitchen:tree:. Last week we put up a tree from my mom's house (she got tired of it) in the school room and made it the "Disney Tree":tree: and yesterday we put the finishing touches on our live tree:tree: (the for presents and Santa) in the family room. :blush: Yes, I am nuts!!:doh:All but the live tree will stay up through the first part of Feb.