PDA

View Full Version : BLT model open in Chicago area

Thumper03
11-28-2008, 11:13 PM
We made the trip to Schaumburg today to see what was new at the Doorway to Dreams. They were putting the finishing touches on a BLT one-bedroom model. We were among the first to get through.:thumbsup: The two-bedroom will be added later when the current AKL model is removed.

goofy for pluto
11-29-2008, 09:43 AM
From the video I have seen on You Tube
The rooms looked extremely small.
The sinks were being compared to airplane bathrooms and the rooms themselves to a cabin on a cruise ship. I think someone even mentioned that a Disney cruise cabin even had more room.
:confused:
Did they really seem that small?

Chrisx2
11-29-2008, 11:29 AM
The models we saw were large. I'm not sure how they appear on youtube but walking through them, we were very pleased.

Thumper03
11-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Our guide yesterday did mention that the model was slightly smaller than the actual rooms only because of constraints of a mall support beam in the Doorway to Dreams location. This was covered up in the laundry area, and Disney put in a smaller washer/dryer unit to compensate. Beyond that, the room was spacious and beautiful. We stayed in the Contemporary South Garden Wing after the remodel and the BLT rooms are similar in decor. :thumbsup: