PDA

View Full Version : Storytellers @ EPCOT for the holidays

RockinRollerMom
11-28-2008, 05:42 PM
I was wondering if any-one has had a chance to expierence this. I don't know a whole lot about it besides that in each country there are storytellers telling about their countries holiday traditions. Does this happen at any specific time during the day? Are there some countries that are better than others? I'm just trying to figure out if we should try to sqeeze it into our trip next week.

joanna71985
11-28-2008, 05:45 PM
I was wondering if any-one has had a chance to expierence this. I don't know a whole lot about it besides that in each country there are storytellers telling about their countries holiday traditions. Does this happen at any specific time during the day? Are there some countries that are better than others? I'm just trying to figure out if we should try to sqeeze it into our trip next week.

I really enjoy the Santas in the WS. They are really interesting. My favorites are the ones in France, Germany, and Norway. And they all have specific times that they are out.

Mickeydream
11-29-2008, 11:34 AM
It is definitely worth the time to fit into your EPCOT visit during the holidays. What a wonderful way to learn a little about other cultures in the WS, especially if kids are in your group. Our favorites were the storytellers from France and Germany. And we love the performance from the United Kingdom. Enjoy! :santa2:

RockinRollerMom
11-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Does this happen only in the evening or does it happen through out the day as well? Any idea how I can get the schedule?

Natazu
11-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Does this happen only in the evening or does it happen through out the day as well? Any idea how I can get the schedule?

PM sent

Gator
11-29-2008, 05:47 PM
The best storyteller(s) is at Mexico. They have the 3 Wise Men tell the story and it is pretty funny. Also, if you have kids or like watching kids have fun, Norway has a great show with Juliensen (Santa/Dwarf).

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-29-2008, 10:07 PM
I liked Father Christmas, at the UK....but I've had him the last two days lol. Tomorrow I have Pere Noel, and then Saturday I have the Norway one again.

RockinRollerMom
11-29-2008, 10:18 PM
I liked Father Christmas, at the UK....but I've had him the last two days lol. Tomorrow I have Pere Noel, and then Saturday I have the Norway one again.

When you say you've had him does that mean you've been working in that area? Just curious because I'd want to say hi if I bump into you next week. Also I read on another site that the storytelling on happens on Fridays and Saturdays, is that true?

joanna71985
11-29-2008, 10:43 PM

Lucky! I only worked the Holidays Around the World once (and it was Norway). I hope to work it more next year.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-30-2008, 01:15 AM
....I've got HATW like, everyday right now LOL.

I worked the UK yesterday and today, so I was working with Father Christmas. Tomorrow I am working France, and then Friday is UK again, then at Norway on Sunday, and Italy next Saturday.

The Santas are out everyday, at different times. UK and America are the ones at night, and the rest are in the morning.

Most won't do autographs because of the time limit - we have a total of 15 minutes out there to tell the 8 minute story and do photos. They might sneak one or two in, but they really try to avoid it cause it's such a time issue.