PDA

View Full Version : Just back-my reviews

twosiamesecats
11-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi, I just got back from a November 21-25 trip to WDW. I was not on the dining plan. It was just me and my DD12. Here's my review:

1. Crystal Palace- We ate lunch here. Both the food, service, and character interaction was excellent. Grade A.

2. Tutto Italia- We ate dinner here. We only had an entree and drink. The portion size was small, but the food was good. Our waiter was very attentive. Grade A.

3. Teppan Edo- One of our favorites. We had a server named Go that was precious. The food , service, and the entertainment was excellent. Grade A.

4. Plaza Restaurant- It's similar to a Swenson's or a Friendly's type restaurant. They have good burgers and shakes. Grade B.

5. 1900 Park Fare- Unless your child is a Cinderella fan, skip this at all cost. We had a 5:00pm reservation, but was not seated until 5:40pm. We later found that the character interaction was so slow that over half the tables were finished with dinner, but were waiting around for the characters. The food was terrible. The kitchen staff never replenished any of the adult food, only the kids buffet. The food was cold, and our server was blah. I had the famous strawberry soup. It was a strawberry smoothie placed in a soup container. It was the most expensive of all our dinners. Even if you are on the DDP, cancel your dinner reservation. Maybe breakfast would have been better. Grade D.

ElenitaB
11-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for your reviews. Guess I won't be taking DS13 to 1900 Park Fare anytime soon. ;)

princessgirls
11-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your reviews!

Julie:mickey:

joanna71985
11-28-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry you had a bad time at 1900 Park Fare. My party ate there, and we really enjoyed it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for your reviews!

SBETigg
11-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for sharing your reviews. There have been a lot of good reports on 1900 Park Fare, but I'm sorry it wasn't good for you. It reminds me of my visit to Kona Cafe, another place that gets consistent rave reviews but one I didn't enjoy at all. I think people still have to try for themselves to see what it's all about, but it helps to hear how it was for others.

Jasper
11-28-2008, 03:40 PM
3. Teppan Edo- One of our favorites. We had a server named Go that was precious.

So when you wanted your server did you say Go, Stop?

Sorry, I know that is a really bad joke but my son who is 12 just told be one that had this as a punch line a while back and I just roll on the floor laughing whenever I hear it!

disneydeb
11-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews.:mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Thank you much for sharing your reviews. :mickey:

Tbelle1976
11-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm also sorry to hear about your experience at 1900. We have dined there in the past and have enjoyed it so much that we will be returning next trip. We, however, will be having breakfast as we have always done dinner in the past.

Belster
11-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks for your reviews.

Nurse Kim
11-28-2008, 11:13 PM
We too had a similiar experience as you at 1900 Park Fare on our March trip. My daughter is a huge Cinderella fan so this was a must do for us. The characters were great but the food was awful in our opinion. We have considered trying breakfast there but I'm not sure.

TheDuckRocks
11-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Thank you for your review. It's kind of nice in an odd way to have someone else come along and confirm that they to had an awful experience at 1900 Park Faire. The glowing reviews that 1900 gets always makes me wonder if I had some kind of weird out of body experience because when we went it was terrible - wait, food and even Cindy and the Prince Who Was None To Charming.

mouseketeer mom
11-29-2008, 08:22 AM
After all the rave reviews, we are trying 1900 Park Fare in March. Sorry your experience wasn't a good one. Sounds like the other places were great though! Thanks.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-29-2008, 03:35 PM
thanks for the reviews

kathiep
11-29-2008, 06:52 PM
We've done the Castle and Princess Storybook breakfast in Norway. We were considering 1900 for our trip in August. Thanks for the heads up; we'll need to start exploring other options.

#1donaldfan
11-30-2008, 08:48 AM
great reviews....sorry about the "D" experience at 1900 .... we've done it several times and really had a great time and food.....we again have ressies there for late December, mostly to see the ginerbread house ....... I sure hope it was just a fluke with your experience as I'd rather our dinning be at least a "B"....:mickey:

illini
11-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Glad to hear that CP is still living up to my opinion! And Teppan Edo is somewhere I've been wanting to try.

Sorry about Park Fare. For some reason, that one has never appealed to me at all and I have no desire to try it.