PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP - Please Not in the Rain!

Goes4FastPass
11-26-2008, 12:50 PM
The last time we attended MVMCP it rained off and on all evening - not a central Florida afternoon cloudburst but a steady, steady, if this weren't a hard ticketed event we'd all be somewhere else rain.

Parade was went right on, splash, splash, splash, while guests huddled under umbrellas or crowded under store porches.

I've skipped through many happy rainy days at WDW but I gotta tell you, 50 degrees at night during a steady steady steady rain makes for an evening thats more miserable than magical.

Tickets for next Thurday (Dec4) are in my wallet. Weather.com says 'showers'. I'm hoping for a change as it gets closer.

I realize the MK can't control the weather.

Anyone else had rain for MVMCP this year?

:sadwave::cry::santa::rain:

Strmchsr
11-26-2008, 01:13 PM
First off, weather.com is not a good place to get your planning weather info. It's an automated forecast with no human interaction based purely on one model run.

Second, we have no great skill in forecasting beyond 7 days and Dec 4 is 8 days out, so give it a couple of days before you worry.

Third, I just checked the latest model runs (see the weather forecast thread in the vacation planning forum for details) and the 12z models show Dec 4 being clear with a high in the 72-74 range.

Hope that helps!

Goes4FastPass
11-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Oh well. I'll cling to Strmchsr's forecast!

My wife emailed me something about holding hands and sipping hot chocolate... then reminded me all her favorite stores will be open:ack:!

I'm remided of posts whining about beds that are smaller than home. For Pete's sake! Start skipping! It's Disney World!:santa3:

mickeytravel
11-26-2008, 03:26 PM
We will also be there on Dec 4th i am saying NO RAIN!

goofygirl67
11-26-2008, 04:37 PM
I went a couple of years ago in the rain and found it to be one of the best times. They didn't have any snow on Main street but when the rain hits the lights it was almost the same.
With everyone freaking out about the rain I found a perfect spot on Mainstreet to watch the parade, the Pooh float got stuck in the rails and had to be pulled out with a tractor.
For those who MUST stand in front of the castle for the fireworks didn't have any fun, the smoke blew in front and you couldn't see the castle. I knew a back way to Fantasyland that was fast and didn't miss much.

jillluvsdisney
11-26-2008, 09:02 PM
I've only been to MVMCP once about 5 years ago and we had the same weather you described. It was a cold, rainy night. It was such a bummer.

When we are there in 2 weeks, if we have nice weather, I'll look into seeing if any tickets are still available.

PrincessASquared
11-26-2008, 09:22 PM
We'll be there too!! I saw the same Weather.com forecast you did and I was dissapointed. Then I checked every weather web site I could find until I found one that showed sunshine. Accuweather.com!! I'm feeling better now. Have fun!!

Ed
11-26-2008, 10:07 PM

Yep. :( A week and a half ago, Friday, November 14th. :rain:

Started out with very nice weather, but within the first hour it was raining by the bucketloads. The rain was on and off all evening, but cleared enough for the parade (complete with Santa holding a transparent umbrella over himself) and fireworks to go off as scheduled. But we never did see the promised "snow" on Main Street. :(

It was still fun, but would have been much better without the infamous Florida "liquid sunshine".

princess0511
11-26-2008, 11:31 PM
We are also going this day and are praying for NO RAIN!!

badkitty
11-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I was there on the 14th too! Boy did it come down solid for awhile. The shuttle went up and the sky opened up. I was waiting for "T'was the Night Before Christmas" and it started to pour. It was funny to see all of us running for cover and standing huddled together under the TTA track. It show no signs of stopping so we made a dash for the TTA and rode it around until the rain stopped. We ended up catching a later show. The show in front of the castle was the only thing completely cancelled for the night (they couldn't get the stage dry enough) so we missed that. The second parade stepped off early but it wasn't spared the rain as it started up again half way through the route. The skaters were "wheel"-less and it was interesting to see the how the routine was altered.

It was a warm rain though so luckily we weren't wet and cold.

MushuGrl
11-29-2008, 04:05 PM
I too am hoping and praying for no rain during MVMCP (we're going on the 9th and it will be our first). A storm ruined our MNSSHP last year (no Headless Horseman, only one Villians Mix and Mingle, abbreviated fireworks show, and what candy we were able to get was a soggy mess, not to mention everything was slightly flooded). Be a bummer for a repeat at Christmas!

(I can actually handle the normal Orlando cloudburst even ...just keep Hurricane Jafar away! BE GONE WITH HIM! SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! )

Tinkermom
11-29-2008, 09:18 PM
We have tickets for 12/19 (last MVMCP!) and I am sure hoping we do not get any rain! Sounds miserable!

jnfr2424
12-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I just attended the 11/30 MVMCP and it was cold and it poured!!! The parade was delayed and the fireworks was also delayed but as soon as everything stopped, things we on accordingly. Also we stayed out of the rain by visiting Tinkerbell and partying with the characters at the Disco - how much fun was it doing the Macarena with The Mad Hatter!

Imagineer1981
12-02-2008, 02:45 PM
The last time we attended MVMCP it rained off and on all evening - not a central Florida afternoon cloudburst but a steady, steady, if this weren't a hard ticketed event we'd all be somewhere else rain.

Parade was went right on, splash, splash, splash, while guests huddled under umbrellas or crowded under store porches.

I've skipped through many happy rainy days at WDW but I gotta tell you, 50 degrees at night during a steady steady steady rain makes for an evening thats more miserable than magical.

Tickets for next Thurday (Dec4) are in my wallet. Weather.com says 'showers'. I'm hoping for a change as it gets closer.

I realize the MK can't control the weather.

50 degrees and rain in Dec...I'd take that any day over 20 degrees and snow up here in Illinois!!!!

Granny Jill A
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I've only been to MVMCP once about 5 years ago and we had the same weather you described. It was a cold, rainy night. It was such a bummer.

Hey, I was there 5 years ago. I was wearing my winter coat because it was SO COLD - ha ha!
The day before was shirt-sleeve weather and we were hoping that our MVMCP would be the same. No such luck!

Hope everything works out for party-goers this time. Have fun!