PDA

View Full Version : Il Mulino

Jared
11-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Has anyone eaten here? I needed to find a restaurant with tables available for a party of seven on Dec. 23, and Il Mulino had openings. My uncle and cousin are staying at the Swan, so the location is perfect.

I know absolutely nothing about this place and never would have considered it under normal circumstances. But when you book a last-minute trip for the busiest week of the entire year, you have to make sacrifices and concessions.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I know someone out there must have tried Il Mulino!

Fortunately, I was able to book dinners at Kona Cafe, Yak & Yeti and Cape May Cafe for the other nights of the vacation.

diz_girl
11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
I haven't eaten there, but I've heard very good things about it, like it's the best Italian restaurant on property. People who like authentic Italian food like this place. Someone will come along with better information.

DisneyGlutton
11-26-2008, 02:44 PM
We call the restaurant ILL Mulino. My best friend and I ate there in May 08 and were thoroughly disappointed. I wanted to try it because I had just gone on a trip to Italy and was eager to have quality Italian food again. The bread and the small accompaniment that came with it was a nice starter, as was the Pasta Fagioli soup. The service was also attentive, as you'd expect given the price. However, my Saltimbocca was bland and bare; my local Italian restaurant is worlds better and at less than half the price, too. My friend got the Polla Piccata and was equally saddened by it. As an aside, I'm not one of those people who think Disney (though the Swan is obviously not owned by Disney) food is overpriced or bad, as I eat at California Grill, Jiko, etc and am quite happy; in fact, half the reason we go to Disney is for the food.

Unless you have no other choice than Il Mulino, or have money to burn for no good purpose, than I emphatically warn you not to go.

big blue and hairy
11-26-2008, 02:46 PM
I know a lot of people like Il Mulino a lot. I am not one of them. I thought the food was extremely ordinary and very overpriced, even by DIsney standards.

:sulley:

Natazu
11-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey Jared. Here's my review (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117852) from last year. I think Tom's the only one who read it.

Jared
11-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks, Jym. I was anxiously awaiting your contribution. It sounds delicious, but I'm not sure it will work for some of the younger members of our party. Seems a little too fancy and expensive for us simple folks. ;)

andreallybadeggs
11-30-2008, 03:55 PM
We ate at the IM when we arrived at the Dolphin later than anticipated, didn't want to scurry around much, and were able to get a ressie here last minute. That should have told us something-- the food was decent; not bad but not
over the moon good and it was pretty pricey.
Overall a little disappointing since we had loved the Palio that used to serve much better Italian food, we thought. In a nutshell,
OK but not worth a return trip.