PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe

pox24
11-25-2008, 03:57 PM
I never had dinner here before. How is dinner there?

jonah'smom
11-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I also am interested in this topic as I have an ADR there for dinner on our upcoming January trip. We've never eaten there before at all, and I've read good reviews on it. Their menu looks pretty good too. I found it on another site.

mickeefan
11-25-2008, 06:22 PM
We have never eaten dinner there, but have eaten lunch.
We all agreed it was one of the best we have ever had.
There was plenty of food and everything was delicious.

tinkerbell04
11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. The service and the food have been wonderful.

Natazu
11-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Grand Floridian Café (Table Service) ☺☺☺☺
This may be the best non-signature restaurant at Disney. A well-conceptualized bistro style dinner menu is only one part of this “little restaurant that could”. Surrounded by the best of the best, the Café offers a gourmet breakfast and many wonderfully indulgent lunch items. The sinful Grand Sandwich and the Black Angus burger topped with lobster & asparagus make this a Do-Not-Miss lunch spot. For dinner, there’s a perfectly seasoned NY Strip and get this: Pan-Seared Popcorn-Crusted Mahi Mahi, wow.

comicguy
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
We tried this as a last minute change on our last trip and loved it so much that we cancelled another ADR and ate here a second time!!!

Food was awesome, deserts were fantastic, and the service was well above those of other sit down resturants that we have eaten at WDW over the last couple of years.

I highly recommend it!!!

Ed
11-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Grand Floridian Café (Table Service) ☺☺☺☺
This may be the best non-signature restaurant at Disney. A well-conceptualized bistro style dinner menu is only one part of this “little restaurant that could”. Surrounded by the best of the best, the Café offers a gourmet breakfast and many wonderfully indulgent lunch items. The sinful Grand Sandwich and the Black Angus burger topped with lobster & asparagus make this a Do-Not-Miss lunch spot. For dinner, there’s a perfectly seasoned NY Strip and get this: Pan-Seared Popcorn-Crusted Mahi Mahi, wow.

:ditto:

I 100% agree.

We took guests there for dinner a week or so ago, and it was one of the best meals we've ever had at WDW. :thumbsup: My buddy had the Black Angus burger mentioned above and loved it! Everyone else's meals were equally great, our server was perfect, and it really set the stage for a wonderful night at MVMCP.

On a scale of 1 to 5 stars, I'd give them a 6! :tasty:

ElenitaB
11-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Now you guys are getting me pretty psyched for our breakfast there in a few weeks. Any recommendations?

Natazu
11-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Now you guys are getting me pretty psyched for our breakfast there in a few weeks. Any recommendations?

Lobster Eggs Benedict, didn't even have to think about it.

pox24
11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks for all the reviews. Can't wait for next Saturday night.:thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
11-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Lobster Eggs Benedict, didn't even have to think about it.

When I saw this item on the breakfast menu I just had to make ADRs at GF Cafe. 3 weeks and will be there, can hardly wait.

January-2007
11-26-2008, 10:50 AM
We went to the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner during our honeymoon and just loved it. I would definately recommend it.

RockinRollerMom
11-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I hate to break from the norm, but we weren't overly wowed by GFC. I remember getting the surf and turf and not being able to make out what the surf was. Was it shrimp? Was it lobster? Still don't know. Was it bad? No. Just wan't as good as the other places we ate that week. Maybe it's because we ate there the last night of our trip and had already eaten soooo much that week. We definitely will give it another try but for now I can't give it a rave review.

Natazu
11-27-2008, 01:15 AM
When I saw this item on the breakfast menu I just had to make ADRs at GF Cafe. 3 weeks and will be there, can hardly wait.

Kay, when do you arrive?

TheDuckRocks
11-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Kay, when do you arrive?

Jym, we will be there Dec. 14 thru 19.

Natazu
11-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Jym, we will be there Dec. 14 thru 19.
Give me a call when you come in. I'd love to see you.