PDA

View Full Version : Captain Jack's

Bob Parr
11-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I have not seen any reviews, positive or negative, about Captain Jacks. We have a lunch ADR in Feb. and I'm curious to hear what you all have to say.

Diz-Knee
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Funny, I've been to WDW several times and didn't even know about this restaurant until your posting. :secret: Looked it up and a website gave it good reviews. I might have to check it out. Just google it and you can find reviews if someone doesn't help you out here.

comicguy
11-25-2008, 07:57 PM
We have eaten here several times over the last few years. the first time was the best(food and service) then it started to go down hill(long wait for your ADR's 45 mins - one hour after stated ADR time) The second time the food was good and the service was ok. The third and final time the food was okay and the service was the same.

I think a lot of the difference had to do with the implementation of the dining plan(seafood is expensive) and costs needed to be cut to keep it on the dining plan. But they took the steak off of the menu:confused:

We have not been in to Captain Jack's in two years(I think). Maybe things have changed for the better:fingers:

We3
11-25-2008, 08:34 PM
We ate there a couple of weeks ago. The service was great, the speed was great, the food was good but there were not many choices if you were on the dining plan.

Natazu
11-25-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm not usually one to blame the Dining Plan for changes to restaurant quality level. Cap'n Jack's however, literally shredded their menu over the last few years. First, they took the steaks away, then the ribs, then they started messing with the soups. Now, they have the worst menu at Disney except for maybe Sci-Fi. The service is spotty and the Pot Roast is $17. Try Wolfgang Puck Cafe instead, I'll pay for the boat ride.

Ed
11-25-2008, 09:34 PM
We, too, have seen a pretty drastic decline at Captain Jack's over the years. At one time, they had a pretty extensive menu, and the food was quite good. One of my old favorites was broiled grouper, but the last time we were there the fish was mushy and lukewarm. I had the waiter take it back, and when he returned with it, it had obviously just been popped into a microwave for a minute or two. It did nothing to improve the texture or taste.

We also noticed an unpleasant smell in the place the last two times we were there. Difficult to describe the smell, but it definitely detracted from the overall experience.

Sorry to say, we won't be going back any time soon.

mrmcgiv
11-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Went in May 2007 and there was nothing that we liked about it form the food to the svc to the atmosphere. I would never go back. MR

Tinkerbelly84
11-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Where is it?

mrmcgiv
11-26-2008, 04:59 PM
It is at DTD

Where is it?

Bob Parr
11-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Me thinks maybe I'll cancel that one.

Tinkerbelly84
11-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh thanks I must haved walked right bu it and never noticed.

RockinRollerMom
11-26-2008, 11:02 PM
I have to say that Capt N Jacks is one of my families favorites. We have never had a bad expierence there. The menu is limited, but everything we have ever gotten has been really good. We have gone for both lunch and dinner and liked both. DH is not big into "funky" foods so he likes the more classic type dishes that Jacks has to offer. DD still talks about the worms in the dirt dessert that she got there. I say keep your ressie. You never know until you try something. If you do go ask by a table near the window. I love the view looking out over the water at DtD.

lighteningqueen
11-27-2008, 03:19 AM
We have ressies there our first night on Dec 6 and I think we will cancel. They have taken the twin lobster tails off the menu and I don't see where there is anything that our men will eat. I would have had the roast because I do not like seafood other than shrimp and it is not on the menu. Think we will ax it and stand in line for T Rex for the grandson or try WPE

Nurse Kim
11-30-2008, 05:41 PM
We also have a ADR there because we wanted Planet Hollywood and were told they were on the DDP for 2009. I think we may cancel this though and use a CS at DTD instead our first day.

DDuck66
12-01-2008, 03:03 PM
We had lunch there this past summer and while the menu might have been somwhat limited, what we had was good and the service was excellent. We always try to go somewhere different and it was worth it for us....but give me Wolfgang Pucks Express any time.

Bob Parr
12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I ended up cancelling and decided to try Whispering Canyon instead. Thanks everyone for your input.